Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Givi dark smoke on a FZ-07

I got my Givi dark smoke screen from Italy last week and went for a long ride today to see if it worked ok. Did 110 miles total. 30% Interstate and 70% around town on State roads.

At low speeds under 50 I can't tell any difference at all in noise or wind. But get out on the Interstate and man it works great. Before...about 70mph was all I could take before the wind and wind noise would start to get uncomfortable. With the screen over a steady speed of 70 and up to 100 it's awesome quiet. Cruising at 80mph is very comfortable now. I checked with my left hand where the wind was and about 25% of it hits the helmet at eye level and about 75% of the air goes right over the top of the helmet. The GIVI also directs the air out and around the knees and hips.

If you are taller than 6'1.... I don't think it would work as well....but anything under 5'11 it's as good as you're going to get. With two teeth less on the rear sprocket you could do a coast to coast 80mph ride no problem at all.

Big props to GIVI for making a screen that actually works.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
... Before...about 70mph was all I could take before the wind and wind noise would start to get uncomfortable. ...
Don't you use ear plugs? I don't know about full touring bike screens, but for any bike that has my helmet in the wind I use plugs.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't you use ear plugs? I don't know about full touring bike screens, but for any bike that has my helmet in the wind I use plugs.
I don't like ear plugs. They ruin the music from the exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts