Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I said goodbye to my '07 ZX6R street bike and '08 600RR track bike :sorrow: and hello to my new blazing orange FZ09 - I brought it home yesterday :biggrin-new:

2014-04-07--FZ-09--home--editted.jpg

Winter hung on a little longer than usual this year, but it's finally starting to look like Spring!

Reactions: 765, Josh and v2Bob

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Would be great to hear your impression of the FZ vs. the other bikes you've recently owned. Welcome to an awesome forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boy , you got a lot less snow than we do . over a foot left here . but 60s coming , hope its gone soon .
We had quite a bit of snow until the weekend, but some rain and warmer temperatures have taken care of most of it. We have heavy rainfall here today, but hopefully it will clear the last of the salt, sand and other crap from the roads. We are looking at 50F-55F and sunny until next Monday.

Would be great to hear your impression of the FZ vs. the other bikes you've recently owned. Welcome to an awesome forum and ride safe.
I haven't had a chance to ride the FZ yet. I just brought it home yesterday, and the weather was great, 62F and sunny, but I had to take my son to karate. The first few rides will be nearly bone stock, except for a couple of the cosmetic mods that came with the bike. I have a few goodies on the way, including a GPR v4 steering stabilizer and Penske 8983 rear shock from Nick at Stoltec. I will be considering solutions for the forks, and I expect that I will go with an ECU reflash, but I want to ride the bike first.

I love the forum. I have been lurking on this forum since before I bought the bike. It seems to be a great community. I think it is great that some of the members are pioneering the development of aftermarket and DIY enhancements. I am looking forward to putting many miles on the FZ.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Time to hit those streets!

Welcome to the forums.

Reactions: SteveFZ-09

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome SteveFZ-09. There is a lot of wisdom to be found on this website. I'm fortunate to have access to this community and be a member. I love my FZ-09. Ride within your limitations and be safe!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome Steve....Nice choice! Between my wife and I there are three 600RRs and the FZ

Reactions: SteveFZ-09

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Steve! :) Looks like this afternoon will be good for a ride after the roads dry up a bit... hope you get out for a ride.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Cool! Nice color choice! Home of Sid and Nate?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool! Nice color choice! Home of Sid and Nate?
Thank you. You're correct, they are both from Cole Harbour and both played their minor hockey in an arena less than 5 minutes from my home. I got to see both play before they made the NHL; they have amazing skills. It was great to go watch Nate play for the Halifax Mooseheads last season and win the Memorial Cup!. It looks like he will be the NHL Rookie of the Year this season. He looks good in the Avalanche jersey!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome Steve! :) Looks like this afternoon will be good for a ride after the roads dry up a bit... hope you get out for a ride.
I hope to get out......come on warmer weather!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, I just checked. You live just off of one of my favourite routes. A few times every season the group I ride with does the Rawdon Hills loop, Highway 1 to Windsor, Highway 14 to Milford, and then back on Highway 2.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Both the 1 and 14 are fun... there are some challenging roads that run off both. I make the run thru the Valley to the lookoff at Blomidon at least once a month. Many times I cruise the 215 up the coast from Brooklyn to go to Cheverie for low tide. You can walk out onto the flats almost a mile... have some great pics from out there.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thank you. You're correct, they are both from Cole Harbour and both played their minor hockey in an arena less than 5 minutes from my home. I got to see both play before they made the NHL; they have amazing skills. It was great to go watch Nate play for the Halifax Mooseheads last season and win the Memorial Cup!. It looks like he will be the NHL Rookie of the Year this season. He looks good in the Avalanche jersey!
Go Avs!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts