Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Just picked up my first bike. Look forward to learning and discussing all the "what nots" with everyone.

I am in the SoCal area and thank you in advance to everyone who will most likely be unknowingly helping me out.

~Doug

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome Doug. You're going to Love the FZ -- Really becomes an addiction so to speak.

As you may or may not know, this forum already has a Doug, in Ten-er-cee, so I'll anoint you Doug II in Calif.:cool:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Welcome Doug and congratulations. Quite a first bike. Be careful and enjoy riding the best bike available.

Oh, and watch out for Steve ;-)

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum Doug II.....and congrats on the new FZ09. This is where all the addicts hang out. As a suggestion to new member here, don't be afraid to ask questions, but with that in mind, there have already been a ga-zillion topics covered and discussed, so please take some time to do some searching in the different sections and there is a likelyhood that you may find an answer already posted to one of the many, many topics/questions. This is an incredibly great group of member here and most everyone on here will offer up advice, answers, and be helpful. Enjoy your stay and again, welcome to our little piece of the interwebs.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome to the forum, congrats on the new bike, B mode is your friend until you get some miles under you (its a great bike but definitely not intended for new riders) 20 something years ago these guys did wonders for my riding ability, I strongly recommend checking them out
Motorcycle Riding School - California Superbike School

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome to the forum, congrats on the new bike, B mode is your friend until you get some miles under you (its a great bike but definitely not intended for new riders) 20 something years ago these guys did wonders for my riding ability, I strongly recommend checking them out
Motorcycle Riding School - California Superbike School
I have not even experienced anything but "B" mode (which I have loving dubbed 'Wuss' mode). I have been riding in the dirt for years (albeit on 4 wheels more than 2) and went through the MSF courses to get licensed. Drove around on a TW200 for a few months. I read up on the throttling "sensitivity" and took that into consideration before buying. All bikes deserve respect, especially this one, for now, I am riding around in light traffic just getting used to the new rules and giving myself plenty of escape routes. Thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out.

~Doug II

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Hey Doug II, Have you met Doug from TN yet...???

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have not even experienced anything but "B" mode (which I have loving dubbed 'Wuss' mode). I have been riding in the dirt for years (albeit on 4 wheels more than 2) and went through the MSF courses to get licensed. Drove around on a TW200 for a few months. I read up on the throttling "sensitivity" and took that into consideration before buying. All bikes deserve respect, especially this one, for now, I am riding around in light traffic just getting used to the new rules and giving myself plenty of escape routes. Thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out.

~Doug II
Welcome Doug.
I'd been riding scooters for more than 10 years before I finally made the jump. I picked up my 09 last July and have only ridden in B-Mode except a few accidental times I for got to togggle. Just before stoltec stopped selling their flash I had mine done. It's definitely worth it. If you haven't had yours done then atleast get the new Yamaha map. It makes corners so much nicer. What a bike eh? Sound, looks and power. If you look it up the specs are almost to the number the same as the original legendary Ninja 900.

Cheers!

-Laird (the only I'm sure)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts