Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys and gals!

I just got my fz09 yesterday and i'm in love!

Great bike and now i'm looking for aftermarket goodies to buy lol.

If anybody has pointers or newbie ownership advice please don't hesitate to post here or pm me.

Thank you,

Veldin!

EDIT:I guess I should add what bikes i've owned in the past. Starting from earliest to most current:
1996 Suzuki rf600r --> 2003 CBR 600RR --> 2008 Ninja zx6r --> 77 Kawi kz650 --> 97 Suzuki TL1000S --> 1983 CX500 Cafe --> 2006 ZX10R --> 2014 FZ-09!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.

Advice? Well, you can start by posting pictures. Then, you can pin your location on the member map to share with other owners in your area. You can enter your age bracket in the poll. Also, you can search for mods, procedures and maintenance concerns. Lots of good information to be shared. You can search for your color too to see how others have set theirs up.

Most of all, enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome. Those concrete highways near flint are rough , advice is avoid them. Benton harbor to Holland and far north is great. State police seem nice but are everywhere .They seem to pull us truckers over more than any state knowing we are nationwide and can't make court dates since we might be half a country away.
Newbie , did you only ride those others a week?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome, Welcome. Most indeed post up some pics and location. The age poll is a good one and there are a ton of builds that have great goodie write up and reviews. Common theme of complaints are suspension, Exhaust, seat and CCT. My $0.02 get some good miles in and your mods naturally fall into place.

However the bike is a blast, have fun with it and keep the rubber side down!

* If your looking for a Maintenance Manual go to the thread toward the end are a few links that work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi guys and gals!

I just got my fz09 yesterday and i'm in love!

Great bike and now i'm looking for aftermarket goodies to buy lol.

If anybody has pointers or newbie ownership advice please don't hesitate to post here or pm me.

Thank you,

Veldin!

EDIT:I guess I should add what bikes i've owned in the past. Starting from earliest to most current:
1996 Suzuki rf600r --> 2003 CBR 600RR --> 2008 Ninja zx6r --> 77 Kawi kz650 --> 97 Suzuki TL1000S --> 1983 CX500 Cafe --> 2006 ZX10R --> 2014 FZ-09!
First I would look into new suspension. That's a cheap modification. Then go akrapovic carbon exhaust. Then Graves smog block off plates.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would just ride the thing for a while and then see what you would like to do to make it work for you. I rider some freeway to work, so I added a Puig Touring screen. I plan to add the T-Rexx engine guard set and some frame sliders (just in case). Other than that I think the bike is perfect, just the way it is.

Ride safe.

Keith from Troy.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome Congrats !!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome. Those concrete highways near flint are rough , advice is avoid them. Benton harbor to Holland and far north is great. State police seem nice but are everywhere .They seem to pull us truckers over more than any state knowing we are nationwide and can't make court dates since we might be half a country away.
Newbie , did you only ride those others a week?
No, I have been riding quite some time. I was referencing being new to my fz-09.

Welcome, Welcome. Most indeed post up some pics and location. The age poll is a good one and there are a ton of builds that have great goodie write up and reviews. Common theme of complaints are suspension, Exhaust, seat and CCT. My $0.02 get some good miles in and your mods naturally fall into place.

However the bike is a blast, have fun with it and keep the rubber side down!

* If your looking for a Maintenance Manual go to the thread toward the end are a few links that work.
Thanks I will find that manual!

First I would look into new suspension. That's a cheap modification. Then go akrapovic carbon exhaust. Then Graves smog block off plates.
That's a bit pricey for exhaust.

I would just ride the thing for a while and then see what you would like to do to make it work for you. I rider some freeway to work, so I added a Puig Touring screen. I plan to add the T-Rexx engine guard set and some frame sliders (just in case). Other than that I think the bike is perfect, just the way it is.

Ride safe.

Keith from Troy.
Nice to see another Michigander!

Reactions: JDub0813

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is pretty pricey. I paid 768$ I think the price jumped. It is well worth it to me. I am a penny pincher myself. That exhaust was a little hard to swallow. I used to ride lower South East Michigan near Dundee. But since I moved to pa.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may buy it brand new. It's really the only one I would consider as a full exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts