Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just bought a red FZ-09 today. 0 Miles on it when I picked it up... My previous bike was a 2004 R1.

Lovin' this thing... Only got to ride it about 20 miles but it's great. First up (which is probably similar for a lot of owners) is a fender eliminator and then some different types of mirrors as well as frame sliders. Any recommendations?

Anyways, here it is...

photo.jpg

Reactions: marthy and v2Bob

·
Registered
474 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I wish I could drive mine over to your neck of the woods for a cruise up Mt Lemmon. Have visited a few times, miss it a lot.

As for sliders, I like my OES kit. Hope to never test them.

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the new ride! I wish I could drive mine over to your neck of the woods for a cruise up Mt Lemmon. Have visited a few times, miss it a lot.

As for sliders, I like my OES kit. Hope to never test them.
Excellent. Thanks for the tip. And yes, Lemmon is a treat... I frequented it on my R1. I hope to never test sliders either.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have a red one too.

Better get to riding. Won't be long til Tucson turns into a blast furnace!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. 2004 R1 engine didn't have the cross plane crank shaft right? I guess the newer R1 engine is a monster.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats and welcome to the forum. 2004 R1 engine didn't have the cross plane crank shaft right? I guess the newer R1 engine is a monster.
No crossplane on the 04 but they are still amazing bikes. Mine only had 7k on the odometer and it was super clean. I need to figure out a fender eliminator, sliders, and bar end mirrors/ how to get rid of the current mirror posts.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Welcome, check out stoltec moto for frame sliders, he sells woodcraft and is a supporting vendor.

Fender eliminator options seem to be endless, I went with Graves motorsport and like it a lot.

Bar end mirror options are endless too but many, including myself have gone with the rhinomoto bar ends and some type of Crg mirrors (arrow and hindsights are popular), whatever you do, don't buy the Crg bar end adapters - they don't fit well.

Welcome to the forum and ride safe!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on the new bike (and the best color). Got mine two weeks ago and am over 600 miles and counting. That's with only having one day off of work! It is literally TOO MUCH fun! Hope to see you around!

Chris....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats. I have had mine for almost 4 months now. love it! Consider the 25cm ERmax sport screen, looks good and makes a big difference on thost long rides. The fun gets better after the breakin is done.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congrats!

Nice color choice.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all! I definitely appreciate all your help.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright so here's what is on it's way... Graves fender eliminator; OES Frame sliders, fork sliders, and spools; ermax 25 cm light black screen... Next is mirrors and I will be happy for a good while!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome, you are a quick study.
Thank you. Definitely going to enhance the looks of the bike. I also want the ermax belly pans but will hold off on those for a bit.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike....a Rapid Red one no less......smart man!

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys for all the help and support. I am loving this bike...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts