Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my dad finally upgraded from his Suzuki Boulevard S50 cruiser to a "proper" bike. Enter...

Brand new leftover 2013 FZ6R. Got a sweet deal on it. 5400 OTD. I had the opportunity to ride it a bit myself and the bike was a very interesting ride. Accelerates quickly but you don't feel it. You're at 50 mph before you even know it, but there's no physical sensation of speed accompanying it. It doesn't suffer from the lack of low end that pure super sports do, though it's still not what I would call blisteringly quick. It revs very very quickly. It is nowhere near as nimble as the 09 but it dies hold a line better. Ergonomics are more aggressive but not by very much. It is very much a super sport "lite."

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
That's a great deal OTD. Send him our regards and Best Wishes for a fantastic ownership experience......!!!!

(I assume, like House, he's not allowed on here since he is FZ09-less.) :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
That is a great deal. My dealer wanted $7K for a leftover 2013 FZ6. The wife went with a 2013 Gixxer 750 for $10,200 because it was lighter and faster. I would've complained but I get to ride it so.....

·
Registered
385 Posts
awesome, and I wish my dad rode! But at 85 he would be a sight to see.

PS - I was up at TWO in suches GA last year when this old timer rides in on a late 80's GSXR, white and blue with full leathers from the same era. Very cool and inspiring that he still carved it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts