Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Did you buy the Y.E.S. Warranty

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who bought the Y.E.S. Warranty for your new FZ-09 and why did you buy it or why would you not buy it?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I bought it because I wanted the bike to be under warranty for as long as I was making payments. Having to pay a repair bill for something that should have been covered under warranty and having to make a payment at the same time is no bueno.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the YES warranty and how much do it cost?
Its the Yamaha extended warranty you can add an additional 4 years to your 1 year warranty with unlimited miles. Price varies by dealership you can buy it at anytime as long as your bike is still under the original warranty.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Its the Yamaha extended warranty you can add an additional 4 years to your 1 year warranty with unlimited miles. Price varies by dealership you can buy it at anytime as long as your bike is still under the original warranty.
Owners may buy YES from a dealership or directly from Yamaha.

If the poll included the response, "No, but I'll consider buying YES before the end of the basic warranty," that would be my choice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought it. 100% brand new bike.... Ya just never know.
Plus it is transferable.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya the cost varies you have a little negotiating room with the dealer on it when your buying your bike. Or atleast that's when I've always negotiated it. I think its more around $400-$1000 price range but it really depends sometimes when your buying new you can get them to throw it in. It is nice to have if a fuel pump goes out, odometer quits working, or chain guard somehow gets flung off. Ya they've all happened to me on different bikes I had bought new and had extended warranty on. Parts alone covered price of the extended warranty.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Owners may buy YES from a dealership or directly from Yamaha.

If the poll included the response, "No, but I'll consider buying YES before the end of the basic warranty," that would be my choice.
I wish I could add that to the poll but I don't think I can. Good answer I like it!

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I wish I could add that to the poll but I don't think I can. Good answer I like it!
Fixed that for you.......4th choice now available! And that would be my choice also, I voted for that.

Reactions: fiddyone and redeye

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought it! 4 years, YAMAHA EXTENDED SERVICE for $400. My understanding is that it extends the warranty for manufacturers defects, of course it cannot cover normal wear and parts that have to be replaced due to regular wear.

The thing is, I bought it with my yamaha Zuma and I have not had a single problem with that scooter, so I thought, I'll skip it on the FZ-09. However, as soon as a friend pointed out that this is a BRAND NEW model from yamaha, new motor, new body, new design, etc. That is when you ought to buy the extended coverage... because you just never know.

Definitely adds peace of mind against, random part failure. If only they could warranty "operator error" I'd be fully covererd!

·
Registered
666 Posts
This was my first brand new MC purchase. I wish I knew what other people typically pay for the 4 year extended, cuz I got gouged. I don't even want to say how much.

·
Registered
885 Posts
This was my first brand new MC purchase. I wish I knew what other people typically pay for the 4 year extended, cuz I got gouged. I don't even want to say how much.
You may be able to cancel your extended warranty, receive a full refund or credit, and turn the situation around to your advantage. Check your extended warranty paperwork for the terms and conditions.

I canceled a non-YES extended warranty which was rolled into my FZ-09 purchase, received a full credit (including dealer markup) to my temporary loan principal, and am now in a position to purchase YES at any time prior to October 2014. If I decide to purchase YES, I will likely purchase directly from Yamaha.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts