Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,

I am from just south of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Figured I would come in here and introduce myself, I finally bit the bullet and picked myself up a Yellow 2015 FZ-09. I almost bought an FZ8 2 years ago and then last year almost pulled the trigger on last years FZ-09 so today I went into my local shop looking for oil for my KTM 450 and ended up leaving with this beauty. I wasn't really keen on the yellow color looking at it on the website and was kind of disappointed that orange was no longer offered but after seeing it in person and in the sunlight I was glad I chose it over the grey. There seems to be enough black on the bike that the yellow isn't overpowering and I really like the look of it. I don't have a ton of experience on the street, just every once and awhile on friends 600s and 1000s but I have been riding in the dirt for as long as I can remember and am very excited to finally have made the plunge into the street bike world. I have a feeling that for a while the bike won't be leaving "B" mode. I was hoping to be able to take some pictures but it has gotten kind of cold and gloomy outside so maybe if the sun comes out tomorrow I will take a couple pictures and post them. Well anyways I'm super excited to be here and can't wait to become part of the community. :eagerness: Now we just have to pray for another couple months without snow.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome aboard! I felt the same way about the red... looks amazing in the blazing sun! If you like your 450 you'll love this beast... We should have about 6-8 weeks left before the snow starts to threaten. I ride until the salt hits... :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello and welcome. Congrats on your new ride! Don't wait till spring to try (A) mode, it's where the most giggles are to be had :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you stay off A mode the old timer neighbor won't be calling you a yellow bellied hooligan.
Sounds like a quick colour , not the fastest but quick.
I bring those manitex cranes to nisku.
Welcome hello.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome ! Enjoy your new ride. I thought you had snow out there allready ? ;) IMO I don't think you will ever regret this punches. I'm wondering if you try A mode could you let me know if you find it snatchy ? Enjoy

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Hello neighbour to the North. My 09 was a late season purchase as well. With no regrets what so over. Today and Monday is suposed to be nice, so you mighty need to call in sick on Monday. I already booked the day off.

For after market parts, here are some sites worth checking out.
Twisted Throttle Canada
http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/

A Viciuos Cycle. (which is the Twisted Throttle Rep.)
http://aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/default.aspx

Motostarz.ca
http://www.motostarz.ca/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-09-mt-09-13-15.html

Canadasmotorcycle.ca is hard to beat for riding gear.
http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/

I have had good luck and good service from each of them.

Reactions: FreckyB

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ. You may be the first 2015 owner on here......at least you are the first one that I've heard of. :cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Greetings from Stettler. I bought mine a year ago and only had a weekend on it before the snow flew. I did try a mode :). My only advice is be careful on the corners. Cold pavement, cold shiny tires are a slippery combination.
Oh, and the stock headlight is dangerous at night out of town.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow thanks for the warm welcome, as far as snow goes on September 7 we got a dump but haven't seen anything since around here. I was up in Rainbow Lake last week and this is what I woke up to.

And here is the only picture I have of the new member of the family have to go into town and grab a plate for here this morning and the sun is shining so hopefully I will have some more for you guys tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Fingers crossed it's nice this weekend, as I'd like to get out a few more times as well.

I definitely prefer the retro yellow over the charcoal, looks great.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fingers crossed it's nice this weekend, as I'd like to get out a few more times as well.

I definitely prefer the retro yellow over the charcoal, looks great.
Thank you, it has definitely grown on me. There are some more pictures of her in the 2015 pictures thread.

They are saying it is supposed to be pretty darn nice this weekend. I have a feeling I will be spending the majority of it out on the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts