Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just made my Daytona 675 jealous and added a new FZ-09 to the garage...needless to say, I don't think the Daytona will get much attention now! Looking forward to getting some more miles under this thing and ready for the warm weather to come!:cool:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. After you get some time on the 09 it will be good to hear how you think it compares to the 675.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome! :) The 675 will be perfect when you want a different experience... or even to do a back to back ride from one to the other, just to really highlight the differences between them so you can appreciate their strengths and weaknesses.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the forum Metal. The 675 Daytona is a great bike also.....you da triple man!

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new FZ-09! The only complaint I have about mine is the weather.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome Metal where do you lay your head at night where the weather is bad?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Welcome, ride safe!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! Sorry, I haven't checked in here recently - I'll try to answer everyone in one post. Have about 300 miles on the bike so I haven't really let her rip yet, but the straight-line speed isn't what has me hooked. So much more flickable than my D675 (duh) and a blast around city blocks. I'm afraid to sneeze on the Daytona. And yes, at first I was prepared to downsize and simplify, but now I'm thinking I will still enjoy both bikes thoroughly...we'll see.

Color scheme is red. Mods so far: complete T-Rex slider kit and an Ermax fly screen. Mods planned: headlight upgrade (CREE or projector), fender eliminator, integrated tail light, comfier seat, maybe some bar end mirrors (w/ turn signals?). After break in: exhaust and tune. The plush suspension hasn't really bothered me too much around town, but I'll throw that on the list, too.

I'm from Virginia Beach, VA, but currently have the bike in Mobile, AL where I am spending a lot of time for work.

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Thanks guys! Sorry, I haven't checked in here recently - I'll try to answer everyone in one post. Have about 300 miles on the bike so I haven't really let her rip yet, but the straight-line speed isn't what has me hooked. So much more flickable than my D675 (duh) and a blast around city blocks. I'm afraid to sneeze on the Daytona. And yes, at first I was prepared to downsize and simplify, but now I'm thinking I will still enjoy both bikes thoroughly...we'll see.

Color scheme is red. Mods so far: complete T-Rex slider kit and an Ermax fly screen. Mods planned: headlight upgrade (CREE or projector), fender eliminator, integrated tail light, comfier seat, maybe some bar end mirrors (w/ turn signals?). After break in: exhaust and tune. The plush suspension hasn't really bothered me too much around town, but I'll throw that on the list, too.

I'm from Virginia Beach, VA, but currently have the bike in Mobile, AL where I am spending a lot of time for work.
That sounds like a mighty good list of mods! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts