Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might know me from the Ninja 300 forums. Same userid. I followed PooGamer here. Seems like a bunch of us Ninja owners have added one of the 2 FZ's to our bike stables. Ive owned the following bikes in the past
Suzuki katana 600
Honda CBR600f2
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
Honda CBR600RR
Buell CityX [XB9SX]
Buell Firbolt XBR1200
Kawasaki Ninja 300 [Still have and will convert it to a track bike this winter]

I just picked up my FZ-07. I've named it T2 [Yes I know the second terminator is a T-1000 but this is easier to type] as the color scheme is called liquid graphite. I had been searching for another Buell XB9SX and when I heard about the FZ-09 and then the 07, I decided to wait and check them out. Turns out, the 07 was exactly what I was looking for. So without anymore build up, here is my first pic.

My Ninja 300 is pretty decked out, so expect some changes to T2
I've already installed the following

Yamaha OEM Cowl [This winter I am having it painted to match the Graphitte on the rest of the bike.

Evotech Performance Radiator Guard

CRG Shorty Clutch Lever

CRG Shorty Brake Lever

After reading the one review on the Akropovic exhaust I am sold. I am going to order one from Revzilla as they have a great price and free shipping. They are also local to me.
I have a Tail Tidy kit ordered with 4 LED turn signals. The fronts have 3 wires so I can preserve the DRLs. That arrives this week.
I also ordered the Yamaha Aluminum Side Radiator guards to remove the bulbous plastic ones.

Here is my Ninja 300. The Bar you see if part of my Ventura Pack system. I normally do not have that on. I am going to need to get the appropriate one for T2

My other cool mod is my helmet. This is a custom airbrushed SHoei X-11. I have an Interphone F4 Bluetooth system on it so I can listen to Music, GPS Directions and know when I get an incoming phone call. No Worries. I pull over and stop to talk. That's just too distracting and dangerous IMHO. Siri on the iPhone actually makes the Interphone F4 extremely powerful.

The wife and I are DINKS. Double Income No Kids, so we do have a bunch of toys.
I have a tricked out 400+RWHP Saturn Sky Redline

The wife has 220HP First Gen Super Charged Mini Cooper S

My other passion is 4 wheeling. I have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on 37s with tons of mods.

and our normal vehicle is a Ford F-150 STX. I can use this to tow the jeep on a trailer or transport the bikes when need be.

Our last little bit of silliness is a Propane Powered Go-Ped and an electric Pocket Bike

What's Up my Fellow Naked Warriors!?!?!?!?! :cool:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Nice. Didn't know that propane go peds existed. What part of PA.....Washington...Butler..Johnstown?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I hear that term from my brother as me and my wife are DINKs LOL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice. Didn't know that propane go peds existed. What part of PA.....Washington...Butler..Johnstown?
They stopped selling them unfortunately.
Im around the Philly area

I forget who called us DINKS first, but it has stuck.
:eagerness:

·
Registered
80 Posts
They stopped selling them unfortunately.
Im around the Philly area

I forget who called us DINKS first, but it has stuck.
:eagerness:
Actually I am a "SINK" single income no kid(s) from Eastern Lancaster County,Pa. Welcome to
the "Fizzer" madness.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome! :) I have no doubt that 07 is going to be tons of fun. For some reason we're not getting any blurple 07s here in Canada... I like the way the frame matches the wheels.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You are not too far away from me. I'm about 4 miles from RT 30 in Exton.
First Sunday of the month is the Ephrata Breakfast at the Legion. Google it, You should stop in and see all the bikes. I am usually there, Rapid Red FZ09. We then take a spin up PA125 to Shamokin (35 miles one way of twisty, fun back roads) I live off RT23 13 miles east of Lancaster. We are close.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Aloha and welcome! Very cool bunch of toys, love the Saturn. You guys have waaaayy too much disposable income...lol. Ride safely, my friend...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to go to Ephrata all the time. I did not realize that was still happening. Does it still start around 8am?
I was on my way to Ephrata one morning when I wrecked my ZX-6R. Truck ran a stop sign. I actually wrote about that crash on 2 other forums.

I was supposed to pick up my Sky from my speed shop this weekend but 3rd and 4th in the T56 are toast so my brand new trans needs to be rebuilt. :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts