Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the owner of 2 FZ6s and an FZ1 and I am highly interested in a FZ-09 (FZ9). The thing holding me back is the fueling issue. I know some people don't think there is an issue. I am not here to debate that. My dealer acknowledged the bike fuels poorly and told me that yamaha is working on a downloadable map which will be free to those who have already purchased. My question is are there any aftermarket maps? If so, does anyone have results? Good or Bad? I read Bazzaz makes one but have no honest review of it. Anyone with FZ9 fuel map experience?

Z-Fi Fuel Controller

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a flashed ecu and it awesome. Huge difference and takes care of all the fueling issues, stoltec is the way to go for sure he has done alot for this bike and the members here.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Plus one for the Stoltec flash. I've been riding with it for a few weeks. Today I did about 150 miles of two lane twisties in the mountains north of Santa Cruz riding hard the whole day in A mode. This flash is f-ing awesome! Easy tip in, fuel cut eliminated, and the transition from linear throttle to quick turn is my favorite part. 2-3r gear coming out of turns is is just too much fun. :D

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
$100 + shipping is a killer deal. I trust Nick has done a good job, and I will be sending him my ECU as soon as I can. But i gotta ask those who have it...how well would you say your hundred dollars was spent?

I love the bike and think it's a blast to ride. After you figure out how she runs it's not such a big deal...so is the overall improvement worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
...how well would you say your hundred dollars was spent?

I love the bike and think it's a blast to ride. After you figure out how she runs it's not such a big deal...so is the overall improvement worth it?

Thanks!
100 dollars is a smoking deal. I spent 200 at flash-tune.com and im still happy with it. Money well spent imho. But for that price when I get my exhaust i will get a dyno (seperate cost) then flash tune will make a custom map for my bike/exhaust so no piggy back system needed. lifetime flash as long as I own the bike. I would have gone with stoltec if they weren't 10 min from my house.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fantastic Info. I don't know how I didn't come across this threat earlier. Thanks guys for the heads up and Stoltec for all the great work.

·
Registered
554 Posts
$100 + shipping is a killer deal. I trust Nick has done a good job, and I will be sending him my ECU as soon as I can. But i gotta ask those who have it...how well would you say your hundred dollars was spent?

Thanks!
Imho this is a big bang for the $. Well worth the money. I got lucky and got to be the test case but I'd have gladly paid twice that for what I got. You won't regret it.

Daniel

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Imho this is a big bang for the $. Well worth the money. I got lucky and got to be the test case but I'd have gladly paid twice that for what I got. You won't regret it.

Daniel
Thanks! I can't wait to see how she works!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts