Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So what settings are available? Any throttle tuning?
If you have the time, can you take some screenshots of the settings we can do?
In advance, thanks!
No, unfortunately. The only things you can change are the ecu settings. Everything else is hidden in the Graves file. I would want to adjust engine braking to suit my preference, but throttle is excellent. I can't imagine anyone being unhappy with it. Here's what the file looks like:
Capture.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
No, unfortunately. The only things you can change are the ecu settings. Everything else is hidden in the Graves file. I would want to adjust engine braking to suit my preference, but throttle is excellent. I can't imagine anyone being unhappy with it. Here's what the file looks like:
View attachment 30828
So how does vcyclenut do the throttle tuning?
From his web "Almost all of the fly by wire models released by Yamaha have restrictions built into the settings. What this means is that even if you have the throttle open all the way, you are not getting 100% throttle in the upper rpm's. The flash removes these restrictions and obviously adds some peak power on these models."

Another question, what kind of exaust system do you have?

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So how does vcyclenut do the throttle tuning?
From his web "Almost all of the fly by wire models released by Yamaha have restrictions built into the settings. What this means is that even if you have the throttle open all the way, you are not getting 100% throttle in the upper rpm's. The flash removes these restrictions and obviously adds some peak power on these models."

Another question, what kind of exaust system do you have?

Thanks
I'm not positive how he does throttle tuning, you'd have to ask him. I have the Akrapovic Carbon full exhaust.

That video looks like an older version of the software, but I do have some of those options for the stock ecu file. So if you wanted to start from scratch (stock), you could change whatever you wanted. But the Graves file has all of that hidden so you can't tweak it (and so other exhaust companies can't just steal their file and offer it as their own).

Here's what you can do with the stock file:
Capture.jpg

PS - The software and stock files are free, so you could download it and mess with things if you wanted to play around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not positive how he does throttle tuning, you'd have to ask him. I have the Akrapovic Carbon full exhaust.

That video looks like an older version of the software, but I do have some of those options for the stock ecu file. So if you wanted to start from scratch (stock), you could change whatever you wanted. But the Graves file has all of that hidden so you can't tweak it (and so other exhaust companies can't just steal their file and offer it as their own).

Here's what you can do with the stock file:
View attachment 30851

PS - The software and stock files are free, so you could download it and mess with things if you wanted to play around.
Thank you for answering, will def download the software.
Don't know why but I thought I needed the cable and the ecu for registration of it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Another question : So when you flashed the graves file, how does it work with the a, b and std mode? The new map goes in to the a mode or? Hehe kinda lost here :p

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Another question : So when you flashed the graves file, how does it work with the a, b and std mode? The new map goes in to the a mode or? Hehe kinda lost here :p
So for the bike there is one fuel map and then A, B and STD are throttle maps. The fuel map is what needs to be adjusted for a full exhaust, so they definitely messed with that, but I don't know if they changed anything else. I can say that the throttle feels better in all 3 modes but idk if that's just the air/fuel being correct or if they actually changed throttle maps.

I know that vcyclenut adjusts the AF and the throttle maps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So for the bike there is one fuel map and then A, B and STD are throttle maps. The fuel map is what needs to be adjusted for a full exhaust, so they definitely messed with that, but I don't know if they changed anything else. I can say that the throttle feels better in all 3 modes but idk if that's just the air/fuel being correct or if they actually changed throttle maps.

I know that vcyclenut adjusts the AF and the throttle maps.
Yea ofc, its 2am here and I am going to bed hehe.
Seems theres a pc5 for xsr 900 now so I guess it won't be long until theres a map out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the Graves map in a separate file somewhere in the folder. Maybe it would be possible to open it in notepad and see something. I don't think the program is so hackproof.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is the Graves map in a separate file somewhere in the folder. Maybe it would be possible to open it in notepad and see something. I don't think the program is so hackproof.
Yes theres a file, but its a .ftm file and opening in notepad just gives a lot of unreadable letters etc.
I hope ft will answer my email, I guess it's not to much to ask them: "what will be tuned if I flash this file."

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is the answer I got:
Hi Per,

This exact details on this is proprietary to Graves Motorsports. I can tell you that the files have professionally modified fuel, ignition and throttle-by-wire mapping. What were you looking to find out exactly?

Best Regards,

Kirk D.

General Manager

FTECU Inc.

Me:
I understand that.
I guess I was just wondering what will change in my ecu after the flash.
So as much info that you can give me.

Regards Per

Hi Per,

Please see the list of features we offer below. We list these items on our website as well.

– Remove Throttle-by-Wire restrictions
– Standard engine braking reduction
– Disable Injector Decel Cut
– Professional fuel map modification to suit exhaust
– Removal of all gear based or speed dependent restrictions, TRE
– Optimized timing maps for 91+ octane
– Disable AIS valve (always closed)
– Reduce Fan Temps 205°F

Best Regards,

Kirk D.

21 - 40 of 124 Posts