Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Just got my FZ-09 last night. Traded in a 2003 VROD for it. I have been shunned by some, but was already mocked by Harley purists since I didn't have a real HD, but a VROD, according to them lol. I am very happy with the bike. I keep popping wheelies on accident though. Just used to the 700 lbs I used to have and no worries of wheelies. Anyways, look forward to talking to you all!

Dave

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome to the club! Aztec alum here. Miss San Diego

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Shame you did not get the bike a couple of months ago. You missed the big San Diego ride.

We had a dozen Fz09's and a few other bikes too.

It was an all day sucker, no crashes, and nuthin but fun.

Next time.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You'll have to retrain your brain/wrist interface if you plan to keep the front wheel on the ground... ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm also in San Diego. Oceanside area. Lot's of good riding areas here for the 09.

Harley's really suck when comparing to the FZ-09 anyway.

Just had to say it....

Reactions: daufcguy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. So far, I have only seen an FZ-07 on base near me. I didn't know this bike existed. I was originally looking at the Ducati Monster 821 but saw this and it only made sense. Same bike, much cheaper.

·
Registered
241 Posts
welcome to the cool kids club, i'm in lakeside, let me know if your looking for someone to ride with.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Same bike as the Ducati? I don't think so. A super smooth triple versus still another V-twin. You will love this engine!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Harley's really suck when comparing to the FZ-09 anyway.

Just had to say it....
Apples and Oranges. I can do 500 miles in a day and get off my Harley with a smile. If I tried that on my FZ09 I would be crippled by the end of the day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts