Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Long time lurker first time poster.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on this site. I just purchased my 2015 FZ-09. It's my second bike and my first brand new purchase. I couldn't have done it with out the time I've spent researching and getting a good feel for what this bike is all about from everyone on on the forum. My first bike was a 2007 GSXR 750 so needless to say I'm still getting used to the different riding style, but I love the upright! Just like everyone said, it is SO much fun. I look forward to reading more from everyone on here and getting great ideas for rides/upgrades/reviews. By the time I got the bike home I had a fairely impressive mound of accessories and upgrades to add starting with a fender eliminator, led turn signals, and while there were alot of mixed feelings I went with the TREX case, frame, and axle sliders (Pictures to follow).

So hello to all! I'm excited to be here and if there are any SOCAL/San Diego riders in the area hit me up. Hoping to take the 09 up Mt Palomar this weekend for the first time!!

Aaron

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Hey Aaron. Congratulations....!!!!!

What color did you get...???? I'd look into an ECU Flash & perhaps some suspension work you find worthwhile. :)

Glad you're here!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome. I did Mt Palomar this past weekend as part of a memorial ride outing (for the safest rider I've ever known. I'll leave it there to avoid a thread hijack). I rode with North Country Riders which was a first for me. I'm told they meet at 10am every Sunday @ the park-n-ride at Hwy 76 an I-15 and often do Palomar.
Lemme know and I'll ride that group again or something else. I'd love to see the fender and turn signal mods...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Aaron. Congratulations....!!!!!

What color did you get...???? I'd look into an ECU Flash & perhaps some suspension work you find worthwhile. :)

Glad you're here!:thumbsup:
I got the matte grey with black rims.

I was informed that the 2015 had the factory flash that was offered on the 2014. I haven't noticed any real issues yet, but I've also only been riding the bike for 300miles now. My only real gripe, is that in standard mode the throttle really feels like it lags. Not a jerkiness issue, but when I go from closed to WOT I feel like there is a 1ish second gap between when I open the throttle and when the throttle by wire actually kicks in. But again I'm coming from "old" sport bike to throttle by wire bike.

And yes, while I've only been riding for a couple hundred miles the rear shock is severely under dampened. Gonna need to replace that. I've also been searching for quick throttle tube option but haven't found anything.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome to the club. Went to college down in SD. Awesome place. :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome. I did Mt Palomar this past weekend as part of a memorial ride outing (for the safest rider I've ever known. I'll leave it there to avoid a thread hijack). I rode with North Country Riders which was a first for me. I'm told they meet at 10am every Sunday @ the park-n-ride at Hwy 76 an I-15 and often do Palomar.
Lemme know and I'll ride that group again or something else. I'd love to see the fender and turn signal mods...
Dutch,
Thanks for the for the advice. I'll definitely look up the group. I think for the is ride I should just go it alone and get a feel for the bike. But I am ABSOLUTELY looking for fellow riders to go with. Tired of this lone wolf thing I've been stuck in for so long.

I'll try to get a better pic but here is the back of the bike. I have the Yoshimura fender eliminator. I know others have used cheaper ones but I can highly recommend this one. Keeps the factory key cover and I like the led license light. Very well designed piece. I also went with rizoma action turn signals all around.

Thanks for the comment and advice. Cheers!

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'm at Palomar every Sunday and have a small ranch near the bottom of The Tight Side.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Aloha and welcome! Love the Matte Gray-super stealth looking.
I notice you have the Islands on the back of your helmet-did you live in the 808 before moving to SD? I'm in North Kohala on the BI...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aloha and welcome! Love the Matte Gray-super stealth looking.
I notice you have the Islands on the back of your helmet-did you live in the 808 before moving to SD? I'm in North Kohala on the BI...
My Dad grew up on oahu and and I spent much of my childhood visiting family and grandparents.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm at Palomar every Sunday and have a small ranch near the bottom of The Tight Side.
Thanks for the post. Hopefully I'll see you up there at some point. I'd love to get your opinion on some different options for suspension and such.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum Aaron, and congrats on the new FZ09. It sure didn't take you long to start adding the accessories.....nice job so far!

·
Super Moderator
4,348 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I love that color. A GSXR750...the best of the GSXR 600/750/1000 line, for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm also in SD (North Park) and I also got the 2015 in Gray Matte! No mods yet.
The turn signals look good! The OEM ones are so ugly.

What's the factory key cover?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE, bro!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts

Welcome brother!
Looks like I'm not the only Matte grey 15' in SD anymore! Haha I'm down in the East lake area but always down to ride wherever let me know when your available!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts