Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Folks!

Short time Lurker here... Finally bit the bullet and purchased the bike after not owning one for two years.
26 year old Male From Minnesota but currently residing in Davenport, Iowa.

This is not my first bike.. The list goes as follows:
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
2008 Honda CBR600RR
2009 Yamaha YZF-6R
Bikeless for two years while I found a career and settled down.
I have owned or at least ridden all of the 600cc sportbikes in my time and never needed a reason to go over 600CC... Until I read about this thing. Its like the porridge in the middle.
I've only got about 30 miles on her so far and my only gripes are definitely the suspension, steering damper (lacking) and no helmet lock.
I am looking into the valve and seat kit to start off on Stoltec Moto... I am about 220lb with gear on and can dang near bottom out the front end on heavy braking. I will have to adjust the preload when I find the time.

The bike is a blast and a bit wishy washy with its current state of suspension but I hope to get that ironed out here soon. I have done most of my riding in "B" mode but put it in "A" for a few blocks in town and wow... I've never had to hold on so tight at such low RPM before with all of my other bikes.

Few pictures:
20150306_142455.jpg 20150306_142506.jpg 20150314_122721.jpg 20150314_122724.jpg 20150314_122732.jpg

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE!
Trust you'll really enjoy this bike (once you get it sorted).

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. Sounds like you know where you're headed with this. Once you get it there, you'll have no regrets.

Enjoy!

P.S. Where in Minnesota. I'm from Austin a very long time ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations and welcome. Sounds like you know where you're headed with this. Once you get it there, you'll have no regrets.

Enjoy!

P.S. Where in Minnesota. I'm from Austin a very long time ago.
Oh I was from all over the place. Grew up in St. Paul and Forest Lake, spent the college years in Mankato... Thats where I did all of my riding. Your username looks familiar... MNSBR? ZG?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Former Triumph Tiger 1050 owner posting with same name on that forum. My avatar is animated and was always dancing on that site which was fun. Great bike also, but close to 100 lbs heavier. Pros and cons, but I prefer the FZ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts