Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Yamaha Fz09
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

My name is Brandon, I'm located in NE Ohio and have been riding since 2016. My experience consisted of about 15 minutes on a dirt bike and I barely got out of 1st gear. I ended up taking my permit test 3 times before passing (yes I read the booklet but everyone told me it was confusing and it was) then signed up for Ride Ohio which is a state organized program to teach new riders some starting skills. I went through the class (4 hours in a classroom, 2 days consisting of 6+ hours of riding on bikes provided by the state 125/250s) and passed my license test at the end of the course.

I went and immediately bought a new 2016 Yamaha Fz07 which was a little bit much for my first bike but I was pretty used to it after about a month or so. I put on 7.5k+ miles in about a year, I rode with my friends ever chance I could get. I traded that for a 2008 Harley Sportster 883 (to have a cheaper payment) and put quite a few miles on it as well before I sold it. I just recently bought a 2016 Yamaha Fz09 and am absolutely in love with it. Unfortunately... I don't have any pictures to upload. Spent more time riding and not a lot of time making pit stops for pictures!

Sorry for the lengthy intro... I guess a picture is worth a thousand words and since I don't have one, I have to make up for it.

EDIT: I mainly joined so that I could post in the Buy/Sell section as I'm looking to buy some used OEM parts to return some of the bike back to stock. Great bike, just needs some new/refreshed pieces and parts.

Glad to be here!
Brandon

·
Registered
Batmobile
1,085 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Buy/Sell is locked up until 50 posts, but if you post up in here what you need in the mean time I have some stock stuff around and a lot of the rest of us do too.

If you aren't tuned or don't know if you're tuned take a look at the top of your ECU for a signature. If you aren't vcyclenut is the go to for tunes.

We have a few other members in Ohio so maybe someone will meet up with you for a ride, and our annual rally is in the spring, but we might try for a fall edition this year as well.

·
Registered
2016 Yamaha Fz09
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum! Buy/Sell is locked up until 50 posts, but if you post up in here what you need in the mean time I have some stock stuff around and a lot of the rest of us do too.

If you aren't tuned or don't know if you're tuned take a look at the top of your ECU for a signature. If you aren't vcyclenut is the go to for tunes.

We have a few other members in Ohio so maybe someone will meet up with you for a ride, and our annual rally is in the spring, but we might try for a fall edition this year as well.
Thank you so much! That is all very good info. I've seen a few for sale Fz09s that were vcyclenut tuned and was wondering why it was so popular.

By posting here do you mean in this thread or in the General Discussion area?

·
Registered
Batmobile
1,085 Posts
By posting here do you mean in this thread or in the General Discussion area?
Post it up in here and someone will likely see it and let you know what they have what you need. Between Brent and I we probably have an entire bikes worth of stock parts 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts