Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

Been trolling the forum for the better part of 2 wks now. Figured it was time to join up. I grew up riding dirt bikes and motocross. Recently took the MSF BRC and got my motorcycle license. This will be my first street bike (before anyone says this isn't a beginners bike, Ive done the research, know my skill level and have full intention of respecting the motorcycle). I was about to pull the trigger on an FZ8 but then saw the 2014s and that was a rap. Ive got a deposit down on a Rapid Red FZ-09 and am having a hard time thinking of anything else! Im told mine is sitting in Yamahas main warehouse in Atlanta and will be here in December though I do not have a hard date yet... Looking forward to the insight from the group and new connections!

·
Registered
235 Posts
congrats and welcome.. we all know how hard the wait is after the decision is made.. FYI there are plenty of us here in Texas so keep an eye out for FZ meets and rides.

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Welcome.
At least you have a bike on the way.
Some of us poor bastards have to wait to sell their current bike in order to purchase the Niner...
When did I become responsible?!... oh yeah...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome to the forum I to have a rapid red it is a wicked machine gobbs of power and torque it requires some respect and front wheel is very light in the first 2 gears handles awesome and seating is up right well worth the wait and yes the red ones are the fastest and sexiest lol.. hope you get yours soon I unfortunetly must put mine away for winter being from the great white north ....come on spring...Ray..

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I feel like the luckiest guy here...i walked into the showroom and there it was. I traded the FZ6R right there and drove home on the 9. Apparently several other people were on the list but they hadn't even gotten a chance to call them before the sold tag was on it. :)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I feel like the luckiest guy here...i walked into the showroom and there it was. I traded the FZ6R right there and drove home on the 9. Apparently several other people were on the list but they hadn't even gotten a chance to call them before the sold tag was on it. :)
Here you go... another ex 6R rider! Welcome on the big boy side... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts