Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a 2020 MT09 after much deliberation. I've had Ducati's, liter bikes, 600's, but this is by far the most fun riding experience I've had in 20 years of on road riding experience.

Mods so far are:

Yamaha Quickshifter
Puig bar end mirrors
Puig front windscreen
Puig reservoir cap
K&N air filter
Full Akro titanium exhaust
Decal kit on panels and rims
MT09 Comfort seat
ECU is out to Vcyclenut for a tune right now
LCD screen flip

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You'll love the way the flash makes you feel.

Sorry that sounded creepy, lol

You'll love the way the flash makes your bike feel.

·
Registered
265 Posts
welcome! sweet ride!

Reactions: Gandalphamale

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
547 Posts
Welcome - nice looking bike!

Reactions: Gandalphamale

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
344 Posts
Hello and welcome! Bike looks great. I love the transformers sticker - leaning into it! Actually, I like all the stickers, but we know that I like stickers on the bike.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Your bike looks really good!...and welcome to the forum! I totally agree with you on how much fun this bike is. Next month it will be 50 yrs for me on the road and I have owned some pretty cool bikes and all were fun, but this little mt/fz platform really is something else!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just wanted to give a follow up and a shout out to Vcyclenut for the ECU flash (turnaround time was less than 5 days including weekend!). I only got around 30 mins of seat time since putting the ECU back in, and installing the block off plates but there is a notable difference in fuel delivery and smoothness. I'm running baffle in, but since there is 0 popping I may experiment with taking it out and see how loud it is. The tune seemed to eliminate some of the flat spots in the lower RPM range as well. Overall very please and happy with the tune/bike, and would recommend it to all FZ/MT owners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts