Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Colorado. I had no idea the fj09 existed so I put a deposit on a Kawasaki versys. I waited for 2 months and still it did not come in. This was ok with me because I was not 100% sold on it. I wanted something with more power, decent build and good looks but in a close price range. I felt I was settling on the versys. While looking through forums someone mentioned the fj09. I loved the look and specs. One test ride at the dealer the next morning and I took it home that afternoon (yesterday). I had to take it back for a sensor that was loose. Now it is all set and all I can say is WOW. What a fantastic bike! I tis so smooth I cannot believe it.

I hope you all welcome me to your group. I am a very happy and proud owner of an fj09!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Of course we welcome you! Some of us would love to have an FJ, but the FZ came out first! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar story, I was looking at the Versys initially before I heard about the FJ-09 and then started looking into it. I think I made the right choice for me. I wanted a little more sport in my bike but also some comforts. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try to get some pics up. Weather has been uncooperative so I am dying to ride but haven't had much chance yet.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Pictures please. You didn't even tell us what color it is.

Great place to be riding one. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Congrats on the new FJ.

If I was looking at more of a touring bike, the FJ-09 would be my first choice for sure.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I would rather have the fj09 over a versys 1000

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok I took some pics in the garage because it is still raining. I will take better ones once I can get outside in the sun. It is charcoal. I was able to get out the other day for a few miles before the rain started and it was fun! The bike is very smooth. I had it back at the dealer because the traction control sensor was loose. They fixed that. The only other thing I notice is when using the throttle there is a bit or a buzz/tick that seems to come from the motor. I am guessing that is normal? I have ridden cruisers for a long time so I am not used to the sound of a bike like this yet. No lights on or anything and no performance issues so I expect it is normal but welcome feedback. I cannot find an option to rotate these pics. They are normal on my computer but turn on here for some reason.

Transformers Fictional character Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Transformers Fictional character

·
Registered
233 Posts
Were you at g force Saturday morning? I met a guy briefly there who had a brand new fj. Curious if it was you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My mom test rode the fj and then the versys 1000 and decided to go home with the versys.

She didn't like how she had to follow someone on the test ride at yamaha where kawi let her take it out for however long she wanted.

Plus the kawasaki dealership gave her almost double the bluebook value of her harley.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I purchased from Vickery. It was a great experience. I wont say the name of the place I have bought bikes in the past here with terrible experiences but I was very happy. The weather has been terrible so I haven't gotten out much. I finally took a decent ride yesterday and LOVED it.

I looked at the versys but I didn't want a heavier bike. It weighs in almost 100lbs more if I recall. The versys is a nice bike as well though - different strokes for different folks. Hope she enjoys it!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah if the FJ was out I probably would have gotten it instead of the FZ. Centerstand included?? Such a win. Extra fairings and larger gas tank are nice too. All I do is commute on my bike anyhow. Would have liked to see electronic cruise control though!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts