Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Today I spent around 7 hours installing the carbon full akrapovic exhaust, power commander and graves smog block off plates. This was my first time taking my bike apart and amazingly, the bike worked perfectly fine when I put it back together!! Overall the exhaust adds an awesome throaty sound that makes the FZ-09 so much more intimidating. I also just got a sweet jacket and pair of gloves that match the bike perfectly.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Clothing Jacket Sportswear White Sleeve Glove Bicycle glove Footwear Red Personal protective equipment

I do have one question though. I live in Baltimore, MD and I am pretty sure I have to do emission's testing every 2 years. Will the new exhaust and power commander make my bike fail the test?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Never heard of emission testing for motorcycles ... Yet but I am sure California has it planned.

·
Registered
520 Posts
How come you have both block off plates and pcv, i was under the impression the plates were an alternative yo not being able to modify the fuel ratio via pcv.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The block off plates are needed when you remove the AIS (air injection system). This is what causes the popping on decel. The popping isn't associated with the AFR.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Today I spent around 7 hours installing the carbon full akrapovic exhaust, power commander and graves smog block off plates. This was my first time taking my bike apart and amazingly, the bike worked perfectly fine when I put it back together!! Overall the exhaust adds an awesome throaty sound that makes the FZ-09 so much more intimidating. I also just got a sweet jacket and pair of gloves that match the bike perfectly.

View attachment 8761 View attachment 8762 View attachment 8763

I do have one question though. I live in Baltimore, MD and I am pretty sure I have to do emission's testing every 2 years. Will the new exhaust and power commander make my bike fail the test?
I live in baltimore MD too, lets go riding!

Btw no emissions testing here for bikes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's awesome to see another FZ-09 owner in baltimore!

I'm definitely down to go for ride sometime. I live in Fels point which gives me easy access to most places.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It's awesome to see another FZ-09 owner in baltimore!

I'm definitely down to go for ride sometime. I live in Fels point which gives me easy access to most places.
Im in the parkville/carney area on the north east side of 695. There is supposed to be a decent road around here that circles a lake or some body of water. Could be a fun ride! Ill pm you later with details.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Never heard of emission testing for motorcycles ... Yet but I am sure California has it planned.
its something they are trying to push for countries with largest number of motorcycles in the world. There are a few companies that have developed equipment to test, but it will be in China long before it hits our shores.

·
Registered
730 Posts
AZ had it. Tucson area it went away ~5 yrs ago. PHX just got freed 2 yrs ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts