BMW: "Technology!"
Rider: "What technology?"
BMW: "All of it!"
Rider: "..."

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Another Tron Light Cycle???

BMW’s motorcycle concept is so smart you won’t need a helmet to ride it - Or a brain? lol

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Self balancing, like a segway.
I had an embarrassing experience disproving that.
Anyway, back to the "bike". Big deal, my bike has two gyroscopes and automatically extending supports when stationary.

Reactions: Spottedfrog

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Uber advanced styling on that bike takes some time to get used to. Maybe in 15 years...all bikes will look like that.

Reactions: superman242242

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'd rather ride the Yamaha Tesseract...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well you guys might laugh and scoff, go ahead. When James Kirk was communicating to the Enteterprise on his wrist watch it was ridiculous science fiction. Today you can Facetime your friend on an Apple wris****ch. Our bikes will look like that someday, rest assured. You might think it looks ugly today, but someday (our grand kids?) will think that "wow, that looks really cool"! I just hope there will be plenty of aftermarket accessories available, including software upgrades! Seriously.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Another Tron Light Cycle???

BMW’s motorcycle concept is so smart you won’t need a helmet to ride it - Or a brain? lol
Facebook comment section is full of these comments, no helmet, how about bugs and stuff.
One thing I understand is, it is kind of figurative speech or something, they are promising that the tech would be that great, you don't nee to wear a helmet, but you need to, for your safety.

Anyway, the problems you'll face with no helmet are:
1. Wind noise, effecting the rider's ears.
2. Debris, pebbles/stones/dirt/water drops from rider in front of you
3. Bugs, lots of bugs;
Choose your favorite pic:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bug...lNnPAhUIKiYKHSnPBwUQ_AUICCgB&biw=1440&bih=803
4. Sunburn, less visibility when raining.

This is fully electronic, and based on the looks of the size of the vehicle, I assume many miles.

BTW, Tesla have an unexpected product announcement next week, before the solarcity project, I assume, Tesla is planning for a motorcycle. Hope it has more than 300miles range. My weekend ride itself is around 400-500miles range.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'm glad I've aborted all my kids so there's no chance of some water headed grandchild of mine liking that eurotrash simplified safety cycle. I figure the guy who likes this bike probably also sits down to pee.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
For me, the problem is that I had slot cars when I was a kid. Squeeze the trigger and it goes fast, let the trigger go and it stops.
I couldn't wait until I was 15 and could get my licence and change gears. It's stuck with me ever since. I don't want zoooooom, I want zoom, zoom, zoom, for as many gears as I've got.
Electricity is for appliances.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts