Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking to purchase an FZ09 this weekend. I've been quoted by a couple different dealerships and the best i've found is $8875 out the door. I know I can talk em down a little more but just wondered what y'alls opinions were on the price.

The bike is in Georgia so sales tax is 7%

And sorry if this thread is in the wrong location. :p

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just paid $8300 otd with 6% tax. $7900 otd was the lowest I could find (by far) but they didn't have the color I wanted. Most other dealers were at about $8900 otd.

Also, 2016 colors are announced and ready for order soon. There is no mechanical difference, so no advantage to getting a 2016. But you might be able to leverage a better deal on the 2015s. Having said that, it seems to come down to what the dealer generally sells them for. There is too much demand for a dealer to be motivated to deviate much from their normal price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
A more specific location on where you're shopping may get you more feedback. I got mine in Wisconsin for $8200 last fall. Now I'm seeing them as low as $7800. Don't forget to check Ebay and Craigslist for possible bargains in your area.

Welcome to our blog and good luck. Introduce yourself when you get it and post some pics.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I printed this before heading to the dealer: Sport Motorcycles - Low Monthly Payments

They tried to fight tooth and nail on that price, but by the time we were done, I ended up paying $7500 for the bike and $8500 otd with tax, title, and finance fees. Got just a hair under the $115 monthly payment in the ad. Before this add AND with $850 down, the "best" they could do was $9,500 otd and was in excess of $150/mth (I don't remember exactly).

Just take the ad with you and stick to your guns!

·
Registered
673 Posts
In California 8% tax, I paid $8675 OTD, the second best price I found was $8800 OTD.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm a big advocate for Romney Cycles in WV. They are 4 hours away from me, but I paid something like $7800 OTD (and they can do VA tags/taxes). Super slick to work with them over the phone, no haggle. Just call, down payment, show up, sign a few docs, and leave.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Picking my bike up tomorrow...$8,250 OTD
7653 Bike, 497 6.5% tax 100 title/tag = 8,250

I think you can do much better...I had quotes of almost 10K, and several in the high 9's. The dealer I finally worked out a deal had an initial quote of $9.1K. Tip: Avoid all salespeople...deal with managers only. Go read my thread..."This Stinks".

http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-general-discussion/7822-stinks.html

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
DS,

I bought mine at Yamaha of Byron, just south of Macon for $7996 with set up, delivery, tax, title and tag.
I trailered down the from Atlanta, did the deal in like 11 minutes and was back home for an early lunch.
They even threw in a full tank of gas, OEM oil filter and a gallon of Yamalube.
Please tell me you aren't dealing with Mountain Motorsports.

Good luck and PM me if you want to chat a bit about it.
~fish

·
Registered
10 Posts
$8600 otd with windshield, saddle bags, saddle bag mounts, and rear luggage rack. But i also know the dealer really good and he has sold my family several bikes and 4wheelers threw the years. I got lucky.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
If you can visit the dealerships or view their inventory on-line, do so. Basically you're looking to see if they have three or more bikes. The dealer that I purchased from had two yellows and about five other FZ's in stock. That helps. But again, only deal with the sales manager, and look on their site to see who they are. One dealership that gave me the hardest time over the phone (who I'm glad I'm not dealing with) patched my phone call to a "salesman" even though I asked for the sales manager. Know the person's name by looking at their site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts