·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to be wayyyy overpriced. :cool:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
And here I thought they couldn't make anything uglier than their Boxer Engine, Yikes!

But I must give them credit, who else can make their engine just about as wide as the handle bars.

FUEL-BMW-4453.jpg

And many have gone to great lengths to protect the engine, I just hate to think how much that things weighs though???

custom-bmw-r-ninet-3-625x416.jpg

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hawker,

I was thinking the same thing. If you've ever flown in one, you know how rough they are. Now imagine what that 3 cylinder segment will feel like.

·
Registered
377 Posts
i saw that pic over on advrider, on the WTF thread, didn't realize it was a 'real' prototype. Hmm.

I prefer my (our) yammy triples, but that's not terribly bad looking.

Edit to add;

I predict every bike in yamahas line up will become a varient of the triple powerplant, as long as major engine issues don't crop up. (it is a new engine) think of an R6/R1/FZ1 with a triple....mmmmm!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hawker,

I was thinking the same thing. If you've ever flown in one, you know how rough they are. Now imagine what that 3 cylinder segment will feel like.
Yep I used to fly an old Beech 18 with PW round engines. A real experience to be sure.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
With BMW's opposed horizontal twins the heads got great air cooling. With the W3 it looks like an air cooled, overheating nightmare. Can't see BMW going in that direction, it not practical except for a narrow motor turning the same direction as the wheels. This being said, I like a W3, it looks cool and is probably a torque monster.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Dumb lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts