Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, I thought this should go in for sale section but nothing is listed so maybe not. Anyway, my FZ 09 with almost 250 miles on it will be getting an extended rest period because today I picked up my
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR. Unspeakable amounts of power on tap yet still so much easier to ride than the FZ. Anyway, in addition to the bike which already is listed in the ads, I have picked up a lot of goodies for the FZ that will never see the light of day until someone else buys and installs them. Stand by in the ads section, I'll post 'em all soon as I gets pics going. And as soon as I get tired of riding the Tuono. No, wait...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Probably in the Other Bikes forum, but Triplethreat will fix it if need be.

Congratulations. I swapped for an afternoon ride on BMacs 1100RR. You will not be disappointed. Build quality is superb as is everything else about the ride. The sound of that 170 some odd horsepower V4 is amazing. If I had roads that actually lend themselves to a sportbike, it would be my only bike. Great choice. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts
I'll move it to the "other bikes" section.....and thank you for asking about the correct location.....many don't.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll move it to the "other bikes" section.....and thank you for asking about the correct location.....many don't.
Thank you! Guess I was thinking that it mentions both bikes so I really had no idea. Thanks for the clarification so I'll have a better idea of things in the future. Stay safe!

·
Registered
841 Posts
I traded my FZ for a 17 Tuono RR and it is truly an amazing bike! You will love it. Ultimately, I found it a tad too cramped and uncomfy for me so I moved on to a Multistrada and picked up a used Super Duke R for those hooligan kind of days, lol.

I still miss the sound of that V4 beasty with an Akra on it........:)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sounds like you’re a big guy to be cramped on the Tuono.
Not really....6', 225....honestly it was the high footpegs that were bothersome to me and would strangely cause me pain in my left hip after an hour. Tried lower pegs but that changed the seating position in a weird way and did not like it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Too bad you weren’t able to make it work for you. The V4 has an amazing engine, but the bike is very sport oriented. When I swapped my FZ-10 for an afternoon, I admit that I was more comfortable back on the 10 being a bit more upright and relaxed. I see the Tuono as being a serious twisties and track bike. Riding it immediately puts you into a more aggressive mindset. I really appreciated the opportunity to experience it though.

Speaking of hooligan bikes, I test rode a Duc Hypermotard. Tons of fun but the seat was a killer for me. Interestingly, I immediately rode the Hyperstrada after and the seat was great. Unfortunately, the wind protection on it really sucked, yet the motard had a highly effective wind spoiler. The strada seat on the motard would have been perfect. Being more into comfort and pleasure riding vs hooliganism though, I passed on both. I went straight from the Ducati dealer to the BMW dealer and test rode the F700GS. Only 70 hp, but the perfect choice for how and where I ride. There are many bikes out there that appeal, but they have to click the right boxes to make us happy.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Too bad you weren’t able to make it work for you. The V4 has an amazing engine, but the bike is very sport oriented. When I swapped my FZ-10 for an afternoon, I admit that I was more comfortable back on the 10 being a bit more upright and relaxed. I see the Tuono as being a serious twisties and track bike. Riding it immediately puts you into a more aggressive mindset. I really appreciated the opportunity to experience it though.

Speaking of hooligan bikes, I test rode a Duc Hypermotard. Tons of fun but the seat was a killer for me. Interestingly, I immediately rode the Hyperstrada after and the seat was great. Unfortunately, the wind protection on it really sucked, yet the motard had a highly effective wind spoiler. The strada seat on the motard would have been perfect. Being more into comfort and pleasure riding vs hooliganism though, I passed on both. I went straight from the Ducati dealer to the BMW dealer and test rode the F700GS. Only 70 hp, but the perfect choice for how and where I ride. There are many bikes out there that appeal, but they have to click the right boxes to make us happy.
Absolutely! Had a hyper 939 and I put the ducati race seat on it which was a HUGE improvement. The thing with the hyper...or at least mine....is that the fueling sucked and I just couldn't come to terms with it (2016). Wanted to love it but I traded it for the Super Duke R. To me, the SDR is the perfect naked. Wild power but it only comes into play past 3/4 throttle....a little more subdued overall then the Tuono and all day comfy. :)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Yes. The hyper was pretty twitchy. I‘ve posted this idea before, but my present Kaoko throttle lock is amazing at taming an overly sensitive throttle. Set the friction just at the limit of where it will still allow the throttle grip to return on its own without actually locking or holding the throttle. This greatly reduces the springback making the throttle super smooth and controlled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts