Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the Red FZ last week. Been riding the piss out if it. What a wicked fun ride the FZ is. It's got its shortfalls but the motor on this bike is great.

Came from a Honda RC-51 (still have it and refuse to ever sell it) but day to day riding on it sucked.

Thanks to all the posts and info on this board. It helped seal my decision on the FZ.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new 09.

You will eventually get rid of the old 51. It was the sht in its day, but those days have long since passed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will eventually get rid of the old 51. It was the sht in its day, but those days have long since passed.
It's true the days of its glory are long gone. There's just something about it though that keeps me from selling it. Maybe it's the fact I'm the original owner, only 15k miles and in mint condition. I think I'm just afraid of missing it and never being able to find another in the same condition.

The 51 is a cool old girlfriend with no baggage or drama that gives an old familiar thrill ride. Not to mention the fact there aren't many out there anymore.

Alas, a new slut (FZ09) is in the house!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome to the FZ-09 frenzy! We all get attached to our babies. I used to live in Chandler and Maricopa. Back at home again in Colorado. I used to ride a VTR1000F (Superhawk). Loved the sound of that bike. Keep the 51 if you can!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the FZ-09 addict forum! I'm also in Chandler and have been riding the FZ everywhere, my Ducati is getting lonely! BTW, I really think you should sell the 51, I've been looking for one for a while now and could help you free up some room in your garage!

Chris....

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I thought that I was going to keep my CBR954RR as it was a classic, also. I found myself not riding it at all and sold it. I have realized that my fondness for classics is trumped by my love of new technology.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! Another Az rider here. Don 't listen to these guys, hold on to the RC 51! I used to have a norton commando in college, I was an idiot to sell it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Out of curiosity where did u chandler guys buy?

My intention was to buy from Apache Honda in east Mesa (formerly Champion Honda) but I decided on a Monday to surprise my wife (since it was sort of for her) and only Ridenow in Chandler was open on Monday, so I bought it from them. However, I made them match the deal that Apache was giving me.

Chris....

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ZJumper, any mods planned for your 09? Have you seen the Stoltec threads in the vender's section?

Yeah. Probably going to stay mild with mods. Don't know if I'm going to pipe it as I already have a bike that's stupid loud.

Probably in this order:

1. Fender eliminator (already ordered)
2. Passenger peg block offs (ordered)
3. Suspension work ASAP. Probably Penske.
4. ECU flash a PC with autotune
5. ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts