Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A friend came to visit last year and my bikes were too tall for her. So I bought this 1984 Kawasaki LTD 700 so she would have a bike. Kind of throw back Japanese chopper styling. The ergonomics are tight but the motor is pretty sweet. Handling suffers with the 16 inch rear and 18 inch front.

Ride Sane View attachment 157611
Nice friend to have!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks. Still have the FZ- I don't often sell bikes (very understanding wife regarding my "affliction"). Bill is a good guy- but don't tell him that I said that!
My ears were ring ring ring ring-a-ding ding ringing. Maybe 2 years ago I tried my luck at remembering my youth where I had bought a new R5C 350. So I got this RD400 but just never got it running quite right and seized it up. Decided nostalgia and two stokes and me no longer jelled. I am currently very happy with my 2 Hawks GT's and my Fz-09. Stuart will succeed I know for sure. He is a keeper of bikes. His RD will give him many smiles per miles.
rd400.jpg

Reactions: Moto26

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My ears were ring ring ring ring-a-ding ding ringing. Maybe 2 years ago I tried my luck at remembering my youth where I had bought a new R5C 350. So I got this RD400 but just never got it running quite right and seized it up. Decided nostalgia and two stokes and me no longer jelled. I am currently very happy with my 2 Hawks GT's and my Fz-09. Stuart will succeed I know for sure. He is a keeper of bikes. His RD will give him many smiles per miles.
View attachment 157658
I keep them so I never have to say, "I wish I'd never sold it" like my black '77 Suzuki GS550 bought new and sold a couple of years after our daughter was born. That being said, the 2013 Speedmaster is out of the garage as of yesterday. It was a failed experiment to to see if a significantly stepped seat would make riding with me better for my wife so she could see something other than my fat helmet... I won't miss that one. Now there's a bit of room in the garage again...

The RD is running well but seems down on power. Plugs look good though so I may leave well enough alone at this point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A friend came to visit last year and my bikes were too tall for her. So I bought this 1984 Kawasaki LTD 700 so she would have a bike. Kind of throw back Japanese chopper styling. The ergonomics are tight but the motor is pretty sweet. Handling suffers with the 16 inch rear and 18 inch front.

Ride Sane View attachment 157611
What's your take on Kawasaki vs. Yamaha?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts