Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have some new accent led lighting now available.
We have a blue hue accent led and we have a pure white and now a Sun white. Will probably only have 2 of these to offer in the end.

Trying to match perfect to our gold led lighting. White will match the closest.

Thanks. T
6 led BLUE

9 led SUN

9 led WHITE

9 led white left vs 9 led sun right

9 led sun left 6 led blue right

·
Registered
890 Posts
Great news! Please post the link when available. Thanks!

Would it be possible to provide a "kit/combo" of sorts for those who are looking to purchase the Gold LED headlight bulb and these accent LED bulbs?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm liking the Pure White, but waiting to see photos with the Gold LED for comparison.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Pics with Gold LED below. Really difficult to get a good shot because the headlight bulb is really bright so if I mess with the exposure it would blow out the shot. May try to take some more shots tomorrow in the sun, but you can get a pretty good representation below. I think the white matches best. The "sun" is too yellow for me. The blue is nice if you want that blue tint, but when the headlight is on, you can't really see them head-on as the headlight overpowers them.

Blue:

Sun White:

White:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Pics with Gold LED below. Really difficult to get a good shot because the headlight bulb is really bright so if I mess with the exposure it would blow out the shot. May try to take some more shots tomorrow in the sun, but you can get a pretty good representation below. I think the white matches best. The "sun" is too yellow for me. The blue is nice if you want that blue tint, but when the headlight is on, you can't really see them head-on as the headlight overpowers them.
You don't need to mess with anything, those photos are perfect IMO. They show the differences between the options perfectly. Thank you for your time and effort !!!

I also agree the "Pure White" looks to be the best match for the Gold LED headlight. :icon_thumbright:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey Tristan, one of my white accent LEDs is flickering...Any idea if there's something I could do to fix it, or do I just buy another set?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Mine's constant....Honestly, I haven't checked if it's a connection issue, I just ordered a few spares....Hahahaha
If it ever stops raining here (we've got flooding happening), I'll check it out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mine's constant....Honestly, I haven't checked if it's a connection issue, I just ordered a few spares....Hahahaha
If it ever stops raining here (we've got flooding happening), I'll check it out.
What is the size or model number of accent bulbs for the fz09? I know h4 is headlight.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Constant flicker or random? Bad connection or bad resistance
Ok, so I still haven't gone out for a ride yet (shitty weather / flooding) but I received a cheap Chinese flyscreen I had ordered and while installing it, I removed a couple extra screws to mess with the bulb.
What I found was only one of the emitters is the culprit. I thought "ok, it's not just loose, good thing I ordered the spares".
Buuuutttt......since I figured I'd have the new bulbs soon (hopefully on Friday), what's to lose, right?
So I was messing around with it and when I pressed down on the emitter, the flickering stopped (steady light output). Hmm... So I pressed it some more. Quite firmly actually. It seems to be "fixed" for the moment.
Like I said, I haven't taken the bike out for a ride, so the vibrations will probably loosen the emitter again, but it's something to look into.
I'm not sure if it's the actual emitter or the board it's mounted on which has come loose, but something did since it's holding a steady output now that I pressed it together.
I'll update with news after I get a chance to take her out.

P.S. Not my video, but this is what we're dealing with in my home town, which is not the worst hit by this flooding. There are a lot of towns in and around the Montreal area that are "swimming".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts