Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow riders.

I just purchased a new to me FZ-09.
I have been riding in the states for about a year now and i own a WR250X (the transition was quite easy). I just need to get used to the power/torque :)

I was first thinking about the FZ-07 as my next bike but i got a great deal on this one and i couldn't pass on it.
I came with several mods already done:
- Windscreen
- M4 exhaust + power commander 5 (tuned already)
- Custom mirrors (they aren't the best but i will figure out the best position later)
- Engine Sliders
- Tank bag
- Custom blinkers
- Yoshimura tail tidy

After the first ride, i can definetely say i will enjoy this bike (i am starting in B mode while i get used to everything) but i need to do something about that M4 pipe. Way too loud for my taste. Haha
It sounds great but after a few minutes riding, it starts to wear on me.

Upcoming mods:
- Radiator guard
- Better seat (any suggestions???)
- Quiete insert for the M4 pipe.

Thanks guys and looking forward to being an active member.
20160815_192415.jpg
20160815_192401.jpg
20160815_192423.jpg
20160815_192430.jpg
20160815_192438.jpg

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride! Your going to have alot of fun with your new toy!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.
How many miles do you have so far on your bike?
Also any suggestions for upgrading the seat?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
15,000 miles +/-
Corbin Gunfighter w/ Lady and Backrest... good for 2UP.
Less stylish, but much better than stock.
Cheers!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome and congrats on buying the best color FZ09 :cool: LOL (I have the same color)
I also had a WR250X so I know where you're coming from!!!

I see you have Michelin Pilot Road 4's which are also considered an upgrade over the stock tires.

I'm still on the stock seat for now, but I had a Seat Concepts seat on my WRX which was a huge improvement, so I was planning on going that route again, but others here have had great results with Corbin and Sargent seats, though they are more expensive than the Seat Concepts option...

You mentioned that you aren't thrilled with the mirrors (CRG Arrow's or knock-offs). May I ask what you don't like about them? Do they feel like they are placed too wide?
If you have time, could you take a photo from a rider's point-of-view to see what they look like on our bike? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Woah that much? lol
You guys have ridden quite a bit already.
I need to play catch up. ha
Thanks for the suggestion about the seat guys. I will take a look.
I won't be doing lots of 2UP but will definitely check it out.

I see you have Michelin Pilot Road 4's which are also considered an upgrade over the stock tires.
The seller upgraded the tires just before i bought it so i can't complain on that.

Welcome and congrats on buying the best color FZ09 :cool: LOL (I have the same color)
I do think this and the yellow one are the best looking FZs IMO. But i love the blue accent (same as my WR250X) and it goes well with my Captain America helmet. lol

You mentioned that you aren't thrilled with the mirrors (CRG Arrow's or knock-offs). May I ask what you don't like about them? Do they feel like they are placed too wide?
If you have time, could you take a photo from a rider's point-of-view to see what they look like on our bike? Thanks!
I think i figured out a better position for the mirrors. I hadn't noticed they turn completely in a 360 fashion so i was having a hard time adjusting them to be able to see cars behind me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that was me that said hello from my GTI today... that was some crazy rain!
You found me Josh.
That rain really took me by surprise as I wasn't expecting it at all.
Do you still have your bike?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm actually going to leave it pretty much stock... I ride 50% of the time 2up, and after I sold my old bike, I started searching for a bike that was a little better suited for that, BUT you can't beat the performance for the $$$ with the FZ09, and I do want it to be fun to ride when I'm alone on it, SO... I'm putting a rack with a trunk on it, both items should be here soon, and I'll put a skid plate on it as soon as I decide on the one I want... my small windscreen is also on it's way, but other than that, I'm just going to leave it alone. I'm one of the rare people that love the stock exhaust, looks and sounds... and I don't think I'll mind all the junk hanging off the tail once the rack is installed, we'll see. I'll DM you my number, we'll have to get out and ride soon, the weather is really getting nice, well, except for the freak tsunami rainstorms... I was struggling to drive my car in it... I was shocked when I saw a FZ09! lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm actually going to leave it pretty much stock... I ride 50% of the time 2up, and after I sold my old bike, I started searching for a bike that was a little better suited for that, BUT you can't beat the performance for the $$$ with the FZ09, and I do want it to be fun to ride when I'm alone on it, SO... I'm putting a rack with a trunk on it, both items should be here soon, and I'll put a skid plate on it as soon as I decide on the one I want... my small windscreen is also on it's way, but other than that, I'm just going to leave it alone. I'm one of the rare people that love the stock exhaust, looks and sounds... and I don't think I'll mind all the junk hanging off the tail once the rack is installed, we'll see. I'll DM you my number, we'll have to get out and ride soon, the weather is really getting nice, well, except for the freak tsunami rainstorms... I was struggling to drive my car in it... I was shocked when I saw a FZ09! lol
I hear you. What was your previous bike?
I also find the stock exhaust pretty good.
You know I didn't expect to run into the rain at all. It was dry in Overland park. Lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seat Concepts seat will eliminate the crotch/tank problem affordably. Also check the pipe to see if the previous owner pulled the db killer, if so a new one would be a cheap noise fix.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I hear you. What was your previous bike?
I also find the stock exhaust pretty good.
You know I didn't expect to run into the rain at all. It was dry in Overland park. Lol

my previous bike was an F7-09! lol 2014 that I picked up in October 2013. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seat Concepts seat will eliminate the crotch/tank problem affordably. Also check the pipe to see if the previous owner pulled the db killer, if so a new one would be a cheap noise fix.
I am positive the previous owner took the db killer out. You can tell just how loud the pipe is.
It is not bad when riding in town and/or with fellow bikers but whenever i am in a residential area, i feel bad for the residents. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts