Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having a 17 inch surgical scar on my low back and breaking my sacrum 10 years later made a better saddle for my bike mandatory. I met the perfect person for the job: Sabine Cox. If you can dream it, she can build it. She has an exclusive arrangement with a horse saddle distributor for her 1” Gel Foam. She placed one on my bike and told me to test it out. I fortunately found a state road with 2”x 3” gouges about 6” apart on the center line and rode on it for a mile. I then removed the Gel Pad and tried to ride the center line again. That lasted about 10 feet. No one could have ever convinced me the the Gel Pad worked so well. Sabine raised the front of my saddle and covered it with the leather I picked out. This total custom saddle was less than Yamaha’s Comfort Seat.
She also does a 1” Gel Pad inlay on your stock seat with the original cover at a much lower price. The only other motorcycle Gel Pads I can find are 5/8" MOST IMPORTANTLY HER WEBSITE: Unique Designs Upholstery by Sabine <--Well Worth a Look.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle Motorcycle helmet Vehicle Canidae Dog

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you very much DNFDOUG and v2Bob. Check her custom saddles. She is amazing!

·
Registered
511 Posts
The helmet is bad ass !!!! :)

Reactions: Dr_R

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Looks great to me. So she confirmed that she can reuse the stock cover on top of the gel foam? I will have to look into this.

·
Registered
151 Posts
for now I just threw my cheapo gel pad on top of my seat but it looks like crap I will need something in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts