Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Long time XV, XJ and MT rider, I currently own an MT-01 (my one true love) but I have added an Orange 2015 '09 to my garage because im not getting any younger and I need something a bit lighter for chasing around the hills on short trips. Take delivery Saturday coming.

I am in Sydney, I hit the usual haunts , Putty, Mac Pass, Natio, Bells Line etc basically every weekend. (got a NICE 3000km run that includes Oxley coming up soon, but that's definitely an '01 trip)

Getting the R&G tailtidy fitted to the 09 but other than that its stock. Any critical parts i should be adding (frame sliders already on my shopping list)? The radiator looks damned exposed on this.. guessing a cover is probably a very good idea.. ???

Hope to contribute if i can.

regards
CB

My ride:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on the bike

·
Registered
65 Posts
G'day Chris,

Welcome!

A few cheap recommendations from a fellow Aussie:
- rad guard from Radguard.com.au - fits perfectly
- Kev's O2 Controller (search for the thread on here) - will smooth out the throttle considerably
- enjoy the bike

Cheers

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your stunning orange machine! Sounds like just the ticket for an experienced rider like you.

Enjoy!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome to the club.....look at other members signature line for Mod ideas :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G'day Chris,

Welcome!

- Kev's O2 Controller (search for the thread on here) - will smooth out the throttle considerably
- enjoy the bike

Cheers
Thanks mate (and thank you everyone else)

My primary concern for now is every promo vid talks of really poor front shocks, can this be tuned out or do they need replacing? Only had Tracers available at my test ride and not sure shocks are the same, if anything that felt "dull" but bike is aimed at a diffrent market.

all concerns aside the price on this bike is just ridiculously cheap! In Jonesing for next weekend.... and its Sunday today.. nothing to ride.. :( Blew both my front shock seals so the '01 is in the shop too :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G'day Chris,

Welcome!

- enjoy the bike

Cheers
Oh, and frame/engine and fork sliders? Suggestions for local, or buy OS?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to The Machine, mate!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
took delivery, in the rain.. rode it home in the rain, then took it on a 130km Natio Loop to scrub the tyres in the pouring rain.. "A" mode was utterly unusable, but it behaved really nice in STD mode! Really happy with it so far. They say rain is gone tommorow, keen to scrub the rest of the strip off then!

20719_370596559796284_2577354711855073153_n.jpg 11133700_370581896464417_274185316391716343_n.jpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just bought a 2015 Hannah yellow FZ-09. I'm in my late 60's and haven't owned a street bike since my Honda 750 days. Did lots of MX and enduros over 15 years ago and I'm lovin the new ride. Bikes have come along way since the 70's. What a great bang for the buck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cold and wet don't scare me.. cagers on their phones scare me...

Got my 01 back today so both my beast's in the garage together :) They might make babies!!!

Imagine it, MT-Scooter, 1 cylinder 400CC, 50HP, 50nm all wheel drive!

10929559_372077872981486_4276464400670012739_n.jpg
11110286_372077899648150_4114891822669763632_n.jpg
11150453_372077916314815_3581088069394478391_n.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh, and frame/engine and fork sliders? Suggestions for local, or buy OS?
Mate I went with the Evotech sliders for the forks and swingarm. Haven't decided on frame sliders yet - I really like the Evotech ones but geeezus they are dear.

Got mine from Hurtlegear.com.au - they turned up in a couple of days from WA

Cheers

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome aboard mate!

Shame you bloks down under are heading into winter.

Ride safe.
Sydney winter isn't that scary, not like it snows or anything. It just gets a bit green and mossy down the bottom of the nasho to keep it interesting.

and axle sliders didnt do much in my crash. it fell on its left side, and my axle sliders were completely un touched. i put them on my new MT.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sydney winter isn't that scary, not like it snows or anything. It just gets a bit green and mossy down the bottom of the nasho to keep it interesting.

and axle sliders didnt do much in my crash. it fell on its left side, and my axle sliders were completely un touched. i put them on my new MT.
Brisbane summers are scary - too bloody hot!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ride year round in Sydney.. cannot say I did the same in Melbourne.. the cold and wet seeps into your bones down there...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts