Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

NEEDED: New Blurple Rims or Repair

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Niner 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Man they wanted $3,500 for those for my RC51. Hell thats more than half of what I paid for the bike :confused:

Niner, it looks like the cost of one OEM wheel is around $275-325. I didn't see any new ones on eBay. Did you find any?

#3 ·
Will's rim repair is the one. He is cheap and has a great reputation. I think he is in North Carolina. He can fix both of those no problem.....but you may need to powdercoat the blue on after he's done. Powder is way better that the cheap coating that comes on those rims. I have the Blurple rims too.

#13 ·
partshark has them for about $250 front and $280 rear, which is pretty cheap as far as new oem wheels go. but that's not including bearings or spacers.

the funny thing about buying new wheels vs. getting them repaired is, if you get them repaired by someone who's really good at it, they can sometimes repair them to better than new. yamaha allows 1mm of radial and 0.5mm of lateral runout on wheels. this is visible if you spin the wheel and look down the edge. some wheel repair services guarantee better than oem runout after repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.