Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Need wiring instruction diagram 'Zero' LED Turn Signals x2

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DNFDOUG 
#1 ·
Purchased two sets of the 'Zero' LED Turn Signals x2 Short Stalk and of course, no wiring instructions. I have wired numerous things, yet I cant figure this out. Please, anyone who has a diagram on how to wirng the 'Zero' LED Turn Signals x2 Short Stalk, please post.

Thanks

2014 FZ09
2013 KTM 350sx
2009 KTM 105sx

#2 ·
should be pretty easy cut off your stockers, and positive to positive, negative to negative.

if they are LED's pull your stock flasher relay out and replace with a LED specific relay. That or hook up a resistor across the + and - to slow the flash rate.
but the relay is cleaner, and easier.
the front stock turn signal will be three wire jobbie. Not sure if the zero's offer a run feature..doubt it.
Motorcycle Model Zero LED Super Bright Turn Signals Indicators Black X 2 | eBay
if it's something similar to the above, you don't even need to worry about the flash rate. The resistor is built in.

#3 ·
I got the same ones for my fz8 and they are pretty straight forward. They where pretty much plug and play. But I did find out that you don't have to use all the resistors that come with the kit. I took out the main one and it blinks same as if left in. Here is what they look like. The front ones are with one less resistor and the rears I didn't remove any. I'm going to remove the resistor for the rears soon as to clean up the area under rear seat.

#4 ·
Dtbrown - saw you clip, which was why I bought them. Great looking signals. Question, does it matter how you connect the resisters? There is an inline and the two separate blocks? Or is the key just to make sure all the red leads connect and black leads? It would have been nice for them to send a wiring diagram. Thanks for reaching out!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.