Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this helmet to do as a Sharpie helmet. It a Cycle Gear house brand modular called Sedici. I only used it 2 or 3 times and then took my Sharpie to it. This took a lot of hours to do. I'm thinking of putting it on Ebay. What do you think I should realistically ask. I want to sell it as it's sitting in a closet and if I can get a decent price I can buy other stuff.

For the old guys....check out the Bob Hannah lightning bolts.

IMG_20181021_223632.jpg IMG_20181021_223639.jpg IMG_20181021_223536.jpg IMG_20181021_223527.jpg IMG_20181021_223552.jpg
IMG_20181021_224151.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is it cleared? Would the art work last?
Great artwork!
The cost would be dependent on if it was durable. .....my opinion.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,357 Posts
Holy cow, Chester! That’s really cool! Are you a professional artist? I don’t remember you mentioning your talents before (I may have missed it), but I love that style. Reminds me of the old Take On Me music video from the 80’s... 😎

I have no idea how to place a dollar value on art. I could imagine someone paying a lot of money for it, or it could go unsold. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,726 Posts
That artwork is impressive indeed. Wow!....you've got talent.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
889 Posts
All in the eye of the beholder. I would certainly take into account your time producing. I know my cousin has done a few helmets that has netted him a decent dollar but he banks on custom shoes.... kids will pay for shoes I guess. I would certainly put a reserve on it and see what happens.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Didn’t know we had our very own Troy Lee Designer here! Awesome work ChesterB

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
All in the eye of the beholder. I would certainly take into account your time producing. I know my cousin has done a few helmets that has netted him a decent dollar but he banks on custom shoes.... kids will pay for shoes I guess. I would certainly put a reserve on it and see what happens.
Do you have any idea of what he'd get for one of his helmets?

I'd like to ask like $1500 or $2000 but not sure. They are hand drawn and take a shitload of hours not to mention the stress of screwing it up and having a junk helmet.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks like good enough work to offer you some commercial value if you are so inclined. Take good pictures of it before selling so you can advertise your skills if you decide to go in that direction.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Idk, there's a patriots logo on there, I say just throw it away. Kidding, this is really cool and the kind of obscure thing I would do as well. I hope you can get something for it. I'd say probably around $500 to the right buyer.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Idk, there's a patriots logo on there, I say just throw it away. Kidding, this is really cool and the kind of obscure thing I would do as well. I hope you can get something for it. I'd say probably around $500 to the right buyer.
WHAT!!!!
The Patriots logo is the absolute coolest thing you could ever put on a motorcycle helmet.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
889 Posts
Do you have any idea of what he'd get for one of his helmets?

I'd like to ask like $1500 or $2000 but not sure. They are hand drawn and take a shitload of hours not to mention the stress of screwing it up and having a junk helmet.
He gets around 500 to a 1000 depending on design and helmet costs. He's a "graffiti" artist but a well known and sought after in that realm so he does well. Has painted a lot of building for NYC to cover up gang stuff. His shoes go for even more but those kids into shoes already pay too much in my eyes. Sky's the limit Chester. I was taught some thing is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'd go big and see.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I finally got a clear coat on this as I want to put it on Ebay and see what it'll bring. The reason I'm posting the picture again is to recommend the Spray Max Clear coat. This is an automotive 2 stage paint and way superior to rattle can spray paints. The quality of this stuff is amazing. The overspray on the newspaper literally created a sheet of super high gloss plastic. They have primers and colors also. If anyone has a project that you want high quality paint, go with this stuff. About $23 a can.
SprayMax

20210501_193011.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts