Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone can guide me how to tap the connection from the original taillight to make the second taillight work.?

I have installed a rack and box which blocked the view of the taillight. Especially those tall vehicle such as bus or truck might not be able to see from their point of view of my taillight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Break out the multimetre and go for it.

Plug wise you could install a new plug on the existing taillight and new taillight that are the same.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I recently added a second tail light. I spliced my wire under the seat not at the tail light. Yellow wire is brake light positive. You can buy a new male bullet connector, size .157, for 16-18 gauge wire and insert both wire into the plug and then crimp. Cut the original plug with the least amount of wire removal. You could solder the new wire to the yellow wire where it is crimped. You could solder the new wire to the yellow where it meets the male bullet connector if you remove a small portion of the wire insulation and then make sure it is insulated. Quick splice terminal or a T-tap connector could be used and they are quick and easy but I don't usually use them. If you use Quick splice terminal or a T-tap connector, fill them with Vaseline before you install them. These electrical connectors are available at your local automotive store.
Black wire is ground.
:color: :cool: :color:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts