Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're gonna laugh at this one, but I'm modifying a cheapy race stand I bought at Harbor Freight. The stand has two rotating brackets that catch under the swingarm and hold the rear wheel in the air. Problem is it won't work for rear wheel removal as it gets in the way of the axle bolt. I have swingarm spools installed. What I'm hoping is one of you kind souls that has a spool style stand could possibly supply me with a drawing or actual tracing of the bracket from that style of stand that actually engages the spool. I can fab it out of flat stock steel and maybe plastic dip it. shape and dimensions please...

Hillbilly fab guy-Trevor

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have an Oxford rear swing arm stand that came with both the spool brackets and rotating brackets that catch under the swing arm. It works good so I can use it on the 09 with spools and DR650SE without spools.

We might need some pictures of your stand to see how it goes together first.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight rear stand and I was able to remove the FZ9 rear wheel and axle bolt while using it and the supplied support brackets. You just need to adjust them properly. I agree that I would prefer spool brackets but it does still work as is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts