Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a brand new Mt-09 in satin Black and I start to receive my stuffs to put on it and Im asking you what are you thinking of this windscreen! Its a puig Chinese copy so not lexan and not scratchs proof.

Cheers from Canada !

I really think I like the naked look better but could be nicer finished from factory!.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a puig sport but just bought a puig touring for my 2015 fz 09, I have the comfort seat and needed a taller screen for more coverage. So yeah I dig a screen on a naked bike, helps clean up the air and deflect wind, bugs and rocks away from my body on highway speeds.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Personally, I think Yamaha should have least put a tiny windscreen on just to keep the bug guts off the back of the instrument cluster and to protect the ignition key area a little bit.

Yamaha did it on the FZ-10 / MT-10, so why not on the FZ-09 / Mt-09 as well???? lol.

FZ-10.jpg

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
prefer naked as the FZ isn't my first naked sport bike. all the windscreens on the market for the FZ suck, look like crap with odd shapes and angles. however the best fitted is the Pyramid Plastics, though doesn't provide any protection.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Personally, I think Yamaha should have least put a tiny windscreen on just to keep the bug guts off the back of the instrument cluster and to protect the ignition key area a little bit.

Yamaha did it on the FZ-10 / MT-10, so why not on the FZ-09 / Mt-09 as well???? lol.

View attachment 147360
If I had a FZ10 the screen might be the 1st thing I replaced.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i bought mine with what looks like the same screen. while i liked it at first this bike looks great naked. easy to go back and forth

·
Registered
430 Posts

I really like my Puig Sport screen for the amount of air it deflects (the air is nice and even, no turbulence, just less wind than stock) and for the looks (not too small, not too big). I had a touring screen on and it kept more wind off my chest, but just pushed it up to my helmet, creating more turbulence. +1 on thinking a mini screen improves the looks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I really like my Puig Sport screen for the amount of air it deflects (the air is nice and even, no turbulence, just less wind than stock) and for the looks (not too small, not too big). I had a touring screen on and it kept more wind off my chest, but just pushed it up to my helmet, creating more turbulence. +1 on thinking a mini screen improves the looks.
+1

Same experience on my XVS1300, that mid-size screens tend to create the worst head turbulence. After much experimentation I ended up with two screens: A tall "look-through" for highway/open-face riding, and a small "deflector" style which reduced air pressure on my chest while exposing my head to strong but smooth airflow.

IMO the MT looks best naked, but it only took one 70 mph blast at 5°C to make me order a small 'Puig knockoff' windshield. Now waiting for spring to try it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts