Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm a 53 y.o. currently riding a Triumph Thruxton, for the past eight years. I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these FZ-09 machines. I was at my local dealer yesterday afternoon and found he has a grey one in the crate. I'm going to go back this afternoon and see if I can make it mine.

Gawd I wish this "polar vortex" BS would end. C'mon spring!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome and agreed on the PVBS!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup! It's mine...or at least it will be in two weeks. I asked him to hold onto it for a couple of weeks, hoping this damn weather will improve, at least a little.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You are keeping the triumph right?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well....I'm not sure yet. I can't afford to insure both. I'm hoping my son might pay for the insurance, ride the bike and that way we can keep it in the family...at least for a few years. Trouble is my son will be quitting his full-time job to go back to school, so he'll have little money which will go toward his education, as it should. He also doesn't have his license yet, so the insurance costs will crucify him...being a new rider. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow to see what my options are.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't believe how bad it's been...all over the place. My dealer said he'd deliver the bike, no charge, as he only has a small shop and really could use the space. I'm really looking forward to getting the bike, but I know I'll have to wait until the roads around here clean-up quite a bit before I get to ride it. I don't mind the cold so much, but they use a combination of grit and salt on our local roads...corners and junctions are nasty places in the Spring.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yamaha Canada call it "dark metallic grey", it's probably the same as the "liquid graphite". It's the one with the blurple wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts