Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well........finally! Peggy and I drove to Roswell, GA today (Sat. July 19th) to pick up her new FZ07. The dealership was approx. 150 miles away, but a good friend of mine is the Finance Manager and Sales Manager there, so we wanted to give him the business instead of someone else. So, without further ado......here's the pics from today.....

Peggy and James, our friend from the dealership and her salesman....

And the obligatory picture of her and I.......

So we got home this afternoon and I put the bike up on some stands and pulled the front and rear wheels off and removed the Michelin Pilot Road III's and mounted and balanced a set of the Michelin Pilot Power III's and put the wheels back on the bike. It is now ready for break in, which starts tomorrow, weather permitting.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Beautiful Photo of U2 and your NEW RAPID RED FZ-07.

Peggy has once again demonstrated her Exceptionally High Taste Level by choosing The Rapid Red to match her Rapid Vern.

Congratulations U2.:cool:

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful Photo of U2 and your NEW RAPID RED FZ-07.

Peggy has once again demonstrated her Exceptionally High Taste Level by choosing The Rapid Red to match her Rapid Vern.

Congratulations U2.:cool:
Exceptionally High Taste Level huh........well, she did choose me, so she's still trying to dig herself out of that hole! :eek:

Thanks Steve.......she's a keeper for sure.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice, you had to wait a while for the dealership to get one. I'd love to hear a ride report from both of your perspectives, after you put some miles on.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Very Nice! The FZ-07 is nice too. :D Can't wait to hear your impressions.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, what lucky man - he was!
Ah yes, a little Emerson, Lake, and Palmer there...one of my favorites from a long time ago.

Reactions: FZjohn

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Vern.... anxious to hear what you have to say about the 07. I'm betting that when you go to the Gap...you'll be stealing Peggy's bike instead of riding yours.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Atl Motor World is a great shop, love to go up there on a rainy Saturday shoot the bull with Sean and the crew. Bought a ton of bikes from Sean, he passed me off to James for my FZ09. Still wish they had aprilia just for fun though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats on da nue machine!!! We definitely want to hear Peggy's and Your Opinion of this Bike. Maybe some vlog and ride reports is a must. Way to go!!! :)

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Congrats on da nue machine!!! We definitely want to hear Peggy's and Your Opinion of this Bike. Maybe some vlog and ride reports is a must. Way to go!!! :)
.......And more pic's too:cool:

Reactions: Horsman

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update..........Well, I started the Motoman break in today. The bike had 7 miles on it from the dealership, so out I went on the Michelin Pilot Power III's and a new bike. I made it about 1/2 block and realized that the slack in the throttle cable was excessive, so I turned around and went back to the house. This one requires a couple of 7mm wrenches for adjustment and so about 1 minute later, the cable was adjusted and out I went again. This time, it felt much better throttle wise. I went out to a local highway with very little traffic and basically put it in 2nd and third gear and rolled it up to about 9 grand and then off to about 4 grand....back and forth until I had approx. 30 miles. Time for an oil and filter change. The oil looked really good and I didn't really notice any metal shavings in it. So, I changed the oil and filter and went to the house and got my wife to see if she wanted to go along on the her 600RR while I did another 100 or so miles, mixed in with some twisty stuff. So off we go, me on her FZ07 and her on her 600RR. I'm still riding it with a lot of acceleration and decel through the gears and starting to lean it over more and more as the opportunity presents itself......remember, I'm scrubbing in some new PPIII's also.

Overall feeling for the bike. Very, very light weight and very quick turn in....probably even a little quicker than the FZ09. The FZ07 has a lot of torque...a lot of torque. It can't be compared with the FZ09 obviously, but for a 700cc bike, she pulls hard out of the corners in second and third gear. First gear is almost scary to try and do wheelies with. To me, it's a pretty short first gear and it will lift the front very quickly. Second gear is much better for that and third gear will bring the front end up if you are going over a hump in the road and the RPMs are up around 8-9K. Keep in mind, I'm 215 lbs or so with gear and when riding today, I had almost a full tank of fuel. I also sit very forward on the seat, so third gear wheelies being a bit difficult, didn't surprise me at all. The suspension on this bike is definitely better than the stock FZ09. It's not great mind you, but better. I really haven't done any adjusting on the rear pre-load, as it is my wife's bike and when she get's ready to ride it full time, after breakin, we will see if the preload is something I can get setup for her with the stock suspension. I obviously wasn't pushing too hard today and was concentrating more on breakin that checking out all of the handling capabilities. Beside, what works for me, definitely isn't going to work for her. She's a good 75 to 80 lbs less than I am with gear so the suspension will be setup for her, not me.
Throttle and fueling on this bike seems to be very good and so far, I am very pleased with the stock setup for that. I told her she is definitely going to have to get use to the engine braking though....it's got a ton.....just like the stock FZ09 does/did before the reflash from Nick. So overall, she is very happy with the bike and rode it the last 10 or so miles back to the house this afternoon and will start riding it full time when we go out. The 600RR is going to get sold and I may have a buyer here locally.....don't know for sure yet though.

Now the wait begins on some frame sliders, a windscreen and maybe some stainless braided lines for the front brakes. They seem to be OK, but definitely lack the one or two finger pull that the 600RR has. Stainless lines will help out a lot I'm sure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congrats to both you and Peg, Vern. I'm sure she'll enjoy your day rides more than ever, as the "fun factor" seems to never end on the FZ's!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts