Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
man you murdered those liter bikes - i figured the zx-14 would pull but it's pretty impressive in that short of span how much faster that bike is.

Looks like it was a blast - great videos!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was my first experience drag .... next time with a better temperature I think do well 10.xxx sorry for my English im french from quebec-canada

·
Registered
168 Posts
You did do good for your first time very impressed. Even on start with z1000 and out pulled him and got a good jump on the cbr and looked like pulling on him. You never had a chance against the 1400 thats just one bad bike.

·
Registered
877 Posts
it was my first experience drag .... next time with a better temperature I think do well 10.xxx

sorry for my English im french from quebec-canada
2nd run was the best launch.

Could be better if they didn't take so long to start the lights and have you holding rpm too long.

Would be better if you did 1 or 2 short practice hops to the line to get your feel for it, instead of just a slow drive up to the line.

Reactions: danyboy24

·
Registered
511 Posts
The only time I ever got on the track was one of those exhibition Camaros that they have eight identical cars. I ran a 15.15 @ 91 mph :p

I think I could do better with the FZ but they want you to drain the coolant out of the bike and use water with additives. Being in Colorado I really don't want to take out the " anti freeze ". Maybe someday :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wow man nice runs. Especially for your first time out!!! Awesome!!!
I'm impressed! I know you had a ton of fun and your going back. I was drag racing cars and motorcycles before I was old enough to get a drivers license. I loved it! :color: :cool: :color:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mount the camera on the back of the bike and have it pointed towards the other rider...slightly behind you. ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
What do you weigh in gear? That 60ft and E.T. are pretty impressive especially for the mods, or lack there of. I'm 230 suited up and couldn't get the bike to trap 120 with a E.T. of 11.51. My bike has a full Brocks exhaust and PCV dyno tuned to 124whp. Nice passes...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts