Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to hop on the bike the other night but I noticed my rear turn signals and license plate light were off. This is with the bike turned on and getting warmed up.

-My tail light works fine
-My front turn signals are on and working
-My head light works
-My rear signals work when signaling but not "on" like the front at all times.

These were working just a couple of weeks ago. I've never ridden in the rain. I have an R&G tidy tail kit. Can someone explain where I should start troubleshooting? I was going to open the fuse box but then read in the manual that there is one fuse that controls the signaling system. That would mean the front and back would both be off, not just the back, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
The rear blinkers are only signals-they do not function as running like the fronts. The license plate light could be a connection or fuse issue, check both...
Exactly... only the rear red running lights that flank the break light are on while driving. The rear amber turn signals are off unless turn signal or flashers are switched on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like vibration has loosened a connection in a connector. I would suspect near the tail tidy. Begin there.
The rear blinkers are only signals-they do not function as running like the fronts. The license plate light could be a connection or fuse issue, check both...
Exactly... only the rear red running lights that flank the break light are on while driving. The rear amber turn signals are off unless turn signal or flashers are switched on.
Thanks for all the quick (and accurate) answers! You guys were all right. Loose connection. I tightened up the male/female connectors for the light and it works like a charm now! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Glad you were able to track it down and fix it. This is what's so great about this forum; everyone is more than willing to share their knowledge or experiences without hesitation. Great group of people here. Ride safely...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you were able to track it down and fix it. This is what's so great about this forum; everyone is more than willing to share their knowledge or experiences without hesitation. Great group of people here. Ride safely...
I knew I was asking the right people. I'm so relieved that this is now resolved, thanks again.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
There are a lot of veteran riders/wrenchers on here with decades of experience who more than likely know the answer to any question or have a solution to any problem- I'm honored to be a member of this community. Feel free to post if you run into an issue you're not familiar with or have a question you'd like clarification on, we're all here to help one another...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts