Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally purchased the bike in March and notice today in a weekly tire check bad warped rear tire in the center and it is worn through already showing cord in only 3000 miles!?

I will post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
That sounds about right.....I always have a new set of tires "in stock" for when I need them...cause I go through about 2 sets each season....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just about to ask the same question myself, but yes... I'm assuming he's running the Dunflops.

·
Registered
835 Posts
About to crack 4,000 on my flops. I'm thinking Diablo Rosso II next.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Suggestions to a replacement rear? Should I do rear and front front right away together? Keep in mind I weigh 240 and I ride allot of mountain roads and passes.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Dunlop showing cords on mine @ 2900. Sticky enough tire when it's hot but it wore the f out so fast it wasn't funny. I ride streets (+ some freeway) daily plus mountains/canyons on the weekends at a slightly aggressive pace. 220lbs geared up fully.

Got 6500 miles out of a Michelin Pilot Road 2. If I rode more conservatively it would have gone another 1000+. That wasn't to the cords either, probably another 500 or so to the cords. ~$145 RockyMtnATVMC Later versions of the Pilot Roads (3,4) are a little more money but better in the wet supposedly.

Now on an Avon av80 ultra sport (dual compound), and it's been great. Got it for $80 which was a frickin steal. Rocky Mtn ATVMC has em for $124.

The guys here will have some solid suggestions for you. The S20 Bridgestone is a good tire too. I've seen some guys haul ass on them on Mt. Palomar out here. ~$135

·
Registered
835 Posts
I got 4000 out of the flops. Just put a set of Rosso II's. No complaints here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
How many miles have you put on those? I'm thinking those will be my next set so I have some good rubber for track days!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Got 2600 (with a bit to spare) out of my rear dunflopped.
Went with M-PR4's...sweet tires.
Lots of spirited riding!

·
Registered
84 Posts
How many miles have you put on those? I'm thinking those will be my next set so I have some good rubber for track days![/QUOTE]

Almost 400 as of yesterday uploadfromtaptalk1406567225189.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406567282514.jpg

·
Registered
262 Posts
I will put AVON 3D,i really like AVON tires on my warrior, the only tire that last the season of hard driving and sticky, 3D supposely to last longer ;-)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts