Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
awesome - looks great! can you share any info on pricing / is this focused more on solo riding or did he beef up the spot for a passenger as well.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome - looks great! can you share any info on pricing / is this focused more on solo riding or did he beef up the spot for a passenger as well.
$299 for vinyl which mine is. Leather is more. I hardly ever do 2 up so the main focus is the front seat. I did have him build up the spot behind my rear so in turn the pax seat is also built up a little too.

He did my seat on my Ninja 1000 last year. All day total comfort. I think the FZ seat will be even better.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
that is pretty sweet, yea how much? Did you have to give them your OEM seat or is a whole new one?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is pretty sweet, yea how much? Did you have to give them your OEM seat or is a whole new one?
See my post above yours for price info. He uses your stock seat pan then adds several layers of different density foams custom shaped to distribute more of the load to your hip bones instead of your tail bone. This gets rid of any hot spots or butt burn.

Let me tell ya it is a smoking deal for what you get back from him.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks sweet!!!
Is the stitching custom request or his design?
Everything on my seat is standard fare. If you want he can do custom stuff upon request. I could have done red thread to match the bike color but decided to stay with all black.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Looks really good! Hope it feels as good when you are riding it too!

A good seat can totally transform a bike.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Here's what a red colored seat looks like on a 'rapid red' FZ-09:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive exhaust Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycle racer Motorcycling Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Supermoto Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Red Car

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
The paint on the Rapid Red bike has a gold metal flake in the paint. It changes it's tint in varying light conditions. Anything else is going to look weird on the bike, especially in the sun and the shade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts