Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my money back, it sucks because they said i would have to wait for another month or so being that it is a new bike, and they are still producing parts for it, im just like wtf? I was mad so they debited my money back...and now went on ahead and ordered over the phone to make sure it was on stock a-

Yamaha FZ-09 Racing Line Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust System by Akrapovich Part # S-Y9R2-AFC

With this, also ordered Power Commander Dynojet V, (was also thinking if its worth the money to actually purchase rhe dynojet lcd display for power commander V)

It should be arriving either this coming up tuesday or wednesday:)

MY QUESTION IS IF THERE IS A PREFERENCE WAY THAT ANYONE SUGGEST WHICH ONE TO INSTALL FIRST? POWER COMMANDER? OR THE EXHAUST? OR IT JUST DOESNT MATTER, THOUGHT ID ASK ANYWAY:)

Let me know thanks FZ 09-ers

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I would say that it really doesn't matter which one you install first. Just take your time and double check all the connectors on the PC to make sure that they snap when you plug them in......you don't want any loose connections.

Reactions: motoFZ9

·
Registered
251 Posts
Do them both at the same time, especially if you can do it yourself.

I installed the akra approx. 4 weeks before I had the PCV delivered. Now that they're both on, the PCV makes a massive difference to smoothing the bike out.

If you're going that far, you may want to consider an aftermarket air filter & possibly block off plates. The plates aren't mandatory but personally I'd consider the air filter to be.

My 2c.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Install exhaust first because it's easier, then install the PC5. Did you also order the block off plates? I just installed the Graves,PC5 with Auto Tune and the Block off plates last weekend. I did the exhaust first and after installation I fired it up. I let it warm up and then gave it some throttle to hear how it sounded and instantly it would back fire and shoot sparks and a little flame out the end when I let off. I didn't think it would be that bad from reading all the threads here on the forum. I let the bike cool down and then started taking it apart for the installation of the Block off plates. What a difference it made after removing the AIS system. Block off plates are a must with aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you fellow FZ09-ers, i actually did order an aftermarket airfilter as well:)...as far as the block off plate i will lool into it, i wanna feel how the bike is running first with just the PC5 and Akro , if i think i will need the block off plates, well ill definitely purchase em'...most likely i will, will be on the track in october...

As far as installing, my plan now is to do the exhaust first, and then PC5 so i can remap it from there

Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts