Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello vets,

Some of you might know as I've been active for the past week on this forum which got me more convicted to get this bike 4/14 production date graphite FZ09. I learned how to ride at my home town since I was 12; currently 36 and a father of a 6 year old boy. My first year of owning a bike was 2012 and went to the MSF beginners course. Looking forward advanced classes. I don't wanna get off topic but the reason I mention all this is because some of you might consider me a noob so let's leave that to each his own opinion but I rode a 750 and 1000 and I was never happy with the seating position and was very uncomfortable during the ride and try to convince my self that riding sport bike wasn't meant tot be comfortable but again I didn't enjoy it. The fz09 with the reviews online about not bieng a starter bike and twitchy and have suspension and throttle issue, it might but It didn't seem to be a problem for me and it has so much torque and power at all levels of rpm; but it moves like butter under your legs it goes smooth and easy, I did experienced couple of power wheelies and they were fun but the over all experience I don't know if the forks upgrade and the suspension upgrade is needed like people say for the type of riding I do, I think riding it this way and learning on it this way will advance my riding skill to a better level. Again I love how it rides felt the twitchy throttle but it's like any liter bike has the same feeling. So for any one out there hesitating about getting this bike cuz of suspension and throttle issue, I would tell you buy it and not to worry about it if you can adapt to this bike charectritics then you should be fine. I like the bike with all it has to offer stock, except for a exhaust system not to loud & def on my list of mods. Sorry for the long post fellas. Feel free to add yours and at the end of it; I would like to say I'm no pro and this is my personal opinion. And I would understand also that to each his own so go ahead. Tell me what was your first thought after buying the bike and going for the first ride. :icon_farao::headbang:

Reactions: rale and FastEddy

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love mine. Hope your as happy with yours. It's a lot of bike for the buck.

It sure is, and it's so new not a lot of people know about it, I'm currently "don't wana speak too soon" working on developing products for the bike. Working with a racing company by my house calls DMP and with some manufacturers to make fender eliminator kit, front shield, and LED integrated light. Hopefully things work as planned. On the other side. Santa came this morning with some goodies which are R&G tail tidy and oem yamaha front shield which I have hard time installing, they don't seem to line up.

image.jpg

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I just put another 150 miles on mine today... Same roads that I used to ride my S3 on. This bike is so much more pleasurable to ride in the twisties! It just turns and accelerates!

I also rode 149 miles before getting to F-Trip!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Happy Happy Joy Joy

Happy_Happy_Joy_Joy_by_Winter_Freak.jpg

I can't get enough of this bike

keep-calm-and-happy-happy-joy-joy-1.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So there it is with the front cowl installed and rear fender eliminator kit from R&G racing tail tidy and LED turn signals, I love the new looks.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Looks good Momo. Enjoy!

Thanks bud more to come, waiting on the mail man :)

Any link to where I can order the integrated tail light? HID front?

Found the HID projector from site sponsor and the other tail light member links, don't know if I want to do hue tail light since I change to LED small blinkers that I think looks sick and for the front projector light. I'd rather keep the stock look with some HID kit, would know where to mount the ballasts tho in this tiny front end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts