Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that giant thing hanging off the back just killed the lines of the bike and I refuse to pay 60-100 for something on every other bike ive managed to make for free

so after changing the oil for the first time, so easy with out bodywork I must say, I decided to make something that kept the key guard and cleaned up the back. I am an ass man after all. took me trial and error and I still have to trim the bracket that holds the plate so it doesn't stick out past the plate but very happy with the results. let me know what you guys think. Total cost $0 used a piece of flat aluminum I had laying around

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wish I was handy. Tied of looking at the tear... Tired of waiting for cheap alternative, gonna have to shell out a hundo.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have this one on my bike, it fits like the stock but not able to use the key cover unless you mod yourself. All in all the seller was pretty professional because I ordered it and he had problems with fab getting them out in time. Took me like over a month but he gave everyone the chance to get a refund, seller stayed in contact with me until I got the fender eliminator in the mail. I have to say it looks clean just as the ones that cost 100. I'm using the stock lighting until I can get the new motodynamic tail light. I'm sure now he has plenty in stock as I got the first ones he had made.

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that one looks good, do the more expensive ones allow you to retain the key gaurd?

it just has two little tabs that slip into holes in the stock bracket. That one pictured uses looks like you could possibly drill the same size holes in it to hold the key cover. amazing how much all the brackets and crap weighed on the stock one.

I like the rozima tail light so I think im going to mount some led turn signals on this bracket. thats what I did on the 1 and I like them

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have this one on my bike, it fits like the stock but not able to use the key cover unless you mod yourself. All in all the seller was pretty professional because I ordered it and he had problems with fab getting them out in time. Took me like over a month but he gave everyone the chance to get a refund, seller stayed in contact with me until I got the fender eliminator in the mail. I have to say it looks clean just as the ones that cost 100. I'm using the stock lighting until I can get the new motodynamic tail light. I'm sure now he has plenty in stock as I got the first ones he had made.
Wait, so you don't have access to remove the seat? Or just the latch?

Also did you have to fabricate anything top install it?

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait, so you don't have access to remove the seat? Or just the latch?

Also did you have to fabricate anything top install it?
I believe he has access to the seat lock just now there is no cover over it so road grime and dirt will get on /in it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts