Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive been looking to get a new bike for a while it was either going to be a hyper motard 821 but i couldn't justify almost double the price.. So the fz09 is a bargain for what you get. This thing is soo fast compared to my other bikes 2002 Harley dyna and 78 harley shovelhead haha. Anyways did a few minor things to it, installed a new LED taillight with turn signals built in, friend made me a new license plate bracket hacked up the factory one, and oes full slider kit now i just gotta relearn my riding skill..

heres my 02 dyna

my 78 with jockey shift, foot clutch no front brake haha

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
2 things... 1. is that the stock shock? Idk about the '15s but to me yellow = ohlins. 2. is that your mk7 in the background of pic 1??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 things... 1. is that the stock shock? Idk about the '15s but to me yellow = ohlins. 2. is that your mk7 in the background of pic 1??
stock shocks at the moment wish i had Ohlins... Yeah MK7 gti with APR stage 2 flash and downpipe quick as crap for 2 mods.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
man that silver is such a great color with the wheels IMO. Enjoy the bike - take it easy on the throttle, much punchier and immediate right away than what you're used to but i'm sure you've figured that out already anyway.

I have an MKVII GTI (no mods done on it yet) as well.

Welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man that silver is such a great color with the wheels IMO. Enjoy the bike - take it easy on the throttle, much punchier and immediate right away than what you're used to but i'm sure you've figured that out already anyway.

I have an MKVII GTI (no mods done on it yet) as well.

Welcome!
Nice man, the mk7 is a beast one you chip it, pretty nuts. Best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Wonder why the color change on the stock shock then? Mine was red.

Buddy has a eurodyne tune on his mk7. I've got an apr stage 2 mk6 (CSG too). Had there been a white one in the region I would have gone that route. I like the pic beck!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Nice man, the mk7 is a beast one you chip it, pretty nuts. Best bang for the buck.
you're lucky you got your bike after your car - i did the opposite and decided to blow my money on the bike vs. car. I'm pretty happy with the MKVII stock though i'll likely intake and/or chip after my warranty runs out.

As for the bike - I've been on a modding binge, encouraged irresponsibly by the members of this forum. You've been warned :)

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Beck wrote:

As for the bike - I've been on a modding binge, encouraged irresponsibly by the members of this forum. You've been warned
That's how we roll. :cool:

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wow a lot of VW owners on this forum! No wonder why I felt like I fit in right away when I joined!

Anyways, congrats on the purchase!!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Welcome. You have the best color out of all the 09's imo. And yes 115 hp and 415 lbs = fast

·
Registered
85 Posts
wired.. i was just looking at the 15 blue and its shock is blue down under.. the Purple and orange have the anodized shock. grey has plain steel colour.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Automotive exhaust
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
857 Posts
Can't wait to see ape hangers on the FZ, and forward controls! Just kidding, bet the other bikes don't get ridden much anymore soon, except when your with the "guys".

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
OP have you seen the South Park Episode about Harley riders? I haven't watched South Park consistently in a decade or more, but that sh!t is funny.

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hey O2 no harm, no fowl, Welcome to the forum, and I know you will enjoy your new bike, lots of information here. Take is easy and have some fun!

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Ape hangers and forward controls? Don't laugh. It wasn't that long ago when a thread was going strong about footrests on FZ-09s. I was one of the first replies laced with a tiny bit of sarcasm and lols. I was followed by many posts telling which ones they were using or planning to get. Oops. And the moral is, your bike, your choice of mods and I, for one, promise not to criticize.

Anyway, welcome to our fun community and I love your silver FZ. I got the grey one, which is fine, but if I had seen the silver first it would be in my garage. Be sure to look at the Silver FZ thread for all the great pictures.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome.I have an 89 HD FXRS a 14 FZ09 and a 15 MK7 GTI. Your going to fit right in. I rarely ride th HD anymore. Not nearly as fun as the FZ.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.