Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My First Bike Build!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Mode of transport
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Mode of transport
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire
View attachment 137297 View attachment 137289
I opted for a ‘New’ 2016 model because I loved the color and buying a 2016 versus a 2018 allotted me a larger spending budget on upgrades and accessories; can’t say I regret it. I just recently reached 2K miles and installed everything myself in the last +2 months.

Without further delay here are my modifications, most of them are XSR specific:
New Rage Cycles Fender Eliminator Kit (Tucked Plate)
New Rage Cycles Turn Signals
Akrapovik Racing GP Full Titanium Exhaust System
CRG Handle Bar Mirrors
SW-Motech Legend SLC Side-Carrier (Left)
SW-Motech Legend LC2 Saddlebag (Left)

I have some potential modifications on my mind, such as:
SW-Motech Skidplate
SW-Motech Windshield
SW-Motech Headlight Guard
Yamaha XSR Black Suede Seat
Continental TKC80 Dual-Sport Tires

·
Registered
50 Posts
LOL.... My bike looks just like yours. I have some of the same items. I have the SW-Motech Legend SLC Side-Carrier left and right. the Yamaha XSR Black Suede Seat and others. I just order the Akrapovik Low-Mount Exhaust System. It gives it more of the retro look. I should get it here any day now. I also have the New Rage Cycles Fender Eliminator Kit (Tucked Plate), the SW-Motech headlight guard. Your bike looks good!

Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Exhaust manifold Muffler

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@zbfire, We clearly have great taste haha! I just installed the SW-Motech Headlight Guard and Windshield as well, although I’m probably going to paint the windshield black. Honestly considering painting the whole bike black, cleaning it every other day is wearing me out. How’s that exhaust? If I have know Akra makes one like that I would’ve opted for it as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
digging the New Rage Cycles Fender Eliminator Kit and turn signals Ordering today for mine
Question: did you go with the load equalizer or not? How fast is the blinking without it?
anyone have video on led signals operation without load equalizers?

Or is it best to change the flasher relay to one for LED's? Can someone recommend one and where is the stock one located?

revised: Found and shared my answer below:

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Installed my new rage cycles fender eliminator and tucked plate. Nice product and well fabricated. I will say the instructions are a little weak but it's enough so you can figure it out. On the down side, if you install the Yamaha sear cowl, it will completely cover up the turn signals. They should have noted that on their web site and instructions and/or offered some spacers. I ended up making some longer spacers out of PVC pipe to lower the entire system about 1" and that works. It won't look at neat with the cowl removed though. And I had to relocate the light for the license tag in order to get the key in the seat lock after lowering the thing. The new location is better than where they had it anyway. After all was finished it turned (sorry for the pun) out nice. I'll see If I can post a picture later.

Now on to the fronts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts