Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting home from work, and was getting ready to head to my local bike night with a friend and BAM, SNAP!
I knew this was going to happen, because I didn't re-rout the clutch cable properly after my clubman bars install. ooops!
I ordered a new cable from a shop about 20 miles from me, and it takes about 5 days for them to get :( paid $25

But then I called a dealer that was about 15 miles from me just to double check the price, and to my surprise and the sales guy, they had one in stock :)
I quickly went over and picked it up :)
Took 10 mins to install, properly with a buddy helping me.
They usually charge $125 for a clutch cable install! ( I was curious and asked the sales guy for a quote)

Now I have my bike up and running withing a few hours and a extra clutch cable on the way lol

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Not throwing you under the bus Mate but the cable broke because you didn't re-route it at the first place LOL

Make sure you route it so it doesn't bend the cable to much. After few members broke cable I looked at mine (Pro Tapper Carmichael) and it look just fine, actually the bend is better than stock since the bars are about 2" lower.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not throwing you under the bus Mate but the cable broke because you didn't re-route it at the first place LOL

Make sure you route it so it doesn't bend the cable to much. After few members broke cable I looked at mine (Pro Tapper Carmichael) and it look just fine, actually the bend is better than stock since the bars are about 2" lower.
This is very helpful. Thanks.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but for the 1125CR bars, it's not clear to me how to reroute without finding a new cable. I have found threads on finding other (e.g. custom cables). Does anyone have any pictures or instructions on how to "reroute" the stock clutch cable for the clubman bars? Thanks.

RTW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts