Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well team mate from last year, i'm focused on racing some different classes this year but anyways check out this quick clip. thought it was pretty cool. Happend this saturday at the start of the CMRA light weight endurance race at MSRH outside of houston, tx

closer view

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Terrible start...........but a nice save!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Pop goes the weasel.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Throttle / clutch control...get some.

I have seen that exact same thing happen, several times during the 3 years, that I Sprint, and Endurance, Road Raced.
The funny thing about it, every time it happen, it was on small displacement bikes....always thought that was odd.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i guess he was just too excited, he's honestly a pretty fast rider. I did all the starts last year for our team so he didnt have to deal with that. we would just switch off after an hour or so, but since it was a endurance race he would just hop on and go.

thought it was funny how he just kept going and glad he didnt hit someone.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Dangerous. I feel bad for the guys that are riding with him.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a front row seat for that stunt show. I'm on the #58 bike that started directly behind Ryan. I was thinking to myself " Why is that bike not moving and why can I see the fuel tank and the rider's feet on the ground?" Once I realized what was going on I tried to choose a path around it but he was rocking side to side. Once I determined he was falling to the left I went around his right side. As soon as I pulled to the right I got clipped really hard at the end of my right clip on knocking my feet off the pegs,hand off the bar and killing the bike by the kill switch.

I switched the kill switch back on and the bike bump started itself then I made sure the brakes still functioned and went into turn one DFL with the right bar twisted up into an ape hanger like position. A few solid whacks with my fist during the first lap knocked the clip on back into position.

One of the most thrilling race starts I have ever been a part of!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts