Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been a member on this forum since i purchased my FZ-09 at the beginning of last year and i always lurk but never post. figured id break my silence tonight and discuss the things ive done to my bike and maybe be able to help some of you in the future. upgrades are as follows and just comment if you'd like me to elaborate on any one thing or explain how an install went.
-PSR black passenger pegs (i have the part number if anyone needs it)
-Black Renthal McGrath bend fatbars with grey medium compound Renthal grips
-CRG blindsight mirror on left side with Rizoma bar end weight/slider on right
-Fabbri Gen-X sport screen
-Black Pazzo shorty levers with black clickers
-Woodcraft frame sliders and rear spools, with T-Rex racing engine sliders
-CORE moto steel braided brake lines
-Rizoma led tail light
-49t Superlight rear sprocket, 16t Superlight front sprocket, RK black chain
-GPR steering stabilizer
-Full Race-Tech suspension. Solid black GS30 rear shock with new springs and gold valves in the front and also anodized outer fork tubes black (waiting for those to get back from cali)
-COX Racing radiator guard

I feel like im forgetting some things though. Next two things coming are carbon akra exhaust with bazzaz fuel management with quick shift. and probably valter moto adjustable rearsets in black.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE!
Nice setup!!!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome and good to hear from you. Nice setup you have. Pictures please!

Oh yes, welcome also from another Hansen!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Looking at the backround in your picture says this is right up your alley. It's amazing how many difficult things we can accomplish, especially when we're working. I'm retired and there is never enough time in the day. Having a high level of drive is what you share with a large number of other members on this blog site. Have fun with your latest challenge.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
well everyone said pictures ir it didnt happen, so here it is. full akrapovic carbon exhaust, gp steering stabilizer, racetech rear shock (anodized solid black), new 520 chain kit w/ 16t front and 49t rear with rk chain and superlite sprockets, bazzaz fuel contoller w/ tc and qs, and valter moto adjustable black rearsets. also had my forks anodized black and had new springs and gold valves put in by shay racca at raceworks in baton rouge. except for the forks, i did all the work and installation myself out in my shop on paddock stands and some help from an engine lift. the only real issue i had was that the new exhaust mount bracket conflicted with the fitment of the rear brake placement from the new rearests. i just ground down an arear out of the exhaust mount and ran the brake tod all the way up and it works fine. the bracket is stilll strong too. im not sure what all combinations of exhausts and rearsets work for this bike but maybe now someones google key word will bring up and this thread and learn that YOU WILL NEED TO SACK UP AND DO SOME GRINDING ON YOUR BRAND NEW BIKE AND PARTS. but it will work with some time and determination. i also removed the light and blinker button assembly from the handlebar to give it more of a race look. i hif it behind the flyscreen and attached it to the mount for the flyscreen so i can still access my dim/bright switch. oh as you all probably have realized, the fz lacks a helmet lock. so i bought universal fit motion pro helmet lock and secured it to the left passenger peg bracket out of the way. i got the black uni fit one but they have a few options of sizes and color.
if anyone has questions or need help working through installation of any of these things just let me know and ill be glad to help.
FYI this is my first bazzaz system to install and seems overwhelming when you open the bix but its all plug and play. it will require some patience and the schematics are kind if vague its easier than it looks.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Agreed^. Like everything but the stickers.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If I had gone with the Graphite, I would have murdered it out also. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Well, looks like more riding time off for you Jerran. I see Madison getting 6-8" of snow today. It's crazy. I live in West Bend and it's been below freezing, but sunny and beautiful all day. Sorry your not as fortunate. Ten miles from this storm makes all the difference.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
were all sunny here in madison,ms. i'm out riding now! and about the stickers.. it's all personal preference i guess. i had a yakima roof rack on my last car and sticker bombed it so i figured id try it out here as well. i like it

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Oops. I just opened my eyes and saw the MS next to Madison. Actually, Madison, WI got all the snow. Lucky for you. Enjoy!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks everyone! today was my first day riding since all the upgrades and i love this thing! especially the quick shift. anyone thinking about adding it, its well worth the extra money. and bazzaz gives really big discounts for
people that work in the industry. i do need the correct mapping though to optimize all this of course. got the self mapper from bazzaz on the way so we'll see what that does for the machine when it gets here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts